First time at the track....

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
Alright fellas I'm a former street racer who has never been to a legal drag strip before but I've done a s**t load of 2nd and 3rd gear pulls and street drag racing in Brooklyn and Queens but today is a new day of legal racing. On my very first pass with street tires no burn out at Racepark in Old Bridge NJ I went 13.446 @ 107.69 with a 2.286 60 foot. My second pass 20 min later I drooped 13.206 @ 107.64 with a 2.130 60 foot. Thrid pass I forgot to turn off the traction control :bash: and went 13.518 @ 103.64 with a 2.219 60 foot. On my fourth and final pass I went 13.294 @ 107.24 with a 2.150 60 foot. Track temp was a 89*F, Humidity 83% and the barometer was 28.79. So what do you guys think?? What can I do to inprove on those numbers?? Be gentle it was my first trip....

Last edited:

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
i think you should of warmed up the tires alittle bit....atleast a light burnout. this is a personal opinion but you said 20 min between passes id atleast pop the hood and let it cool between runs and if you know how..... go ahead and pack the i/c tank with ice.

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
I actually did pop the hood plus I had my sct livewire and I saw that the intake temps idling were reaching 140*F. Engine temps were in between 180 - 190 but my fan kept the temps at bay. I did a 20 min coold down in between passes with the hood up but i forgot to bring ice....

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
I actually did pop the hood plus I had my sct livewire and I saw that the intake temps idling were reaching 140*F. Engine temps were in between 180 - 190 but my fan kept the temps at bay. I did a 20 min coold down in between passes with the hood up but i forgot to bring ice....

right on! you need just what i need....... PRACTICE;-)

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
lol tell me about it but hands down for my first time at the track it was a butt load of fun. I can definitely see how the mod bug really get addictive :burnout: I hoping to go back next week hopefully it will be a lil bit cooler to see if i can break the 13's :banana:

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
You'll do better with practice...Etown sells ice at the concession stand btw, I think I bought about 40lbs last weekend lol

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
lol tell me about it but hands down for my first time at the track it was a butt load of fun. I can definitely see how the mod bug really get addictive :burnout: I hoping to go back next week hopefully it will be a lil bit cooler to see if i can break the 13's :banana:

right on have fun and good luck!:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread