First time down the track

oxw01svt

Established Member
I went to English Town Raceway Park for a cruise night last night so it was a free run night. They had no water box and i felt like i was very rushed with the burnout.
I have M/T et street radials 305/35/18 and i only got to do not even a 2 sec burn out. i get up to the staging lights and put it up to about 2300-2500 rpms then let it out slow then mashed it, i got pretty bad wheel hop and let off to about half throttle. The wheel hop stopped so i got on it all the way and my times are listed below. I know im gonna need more seat time. I had a great time for my first run down the track ever and cant wait to get back there. What do you guys think?

R/T--- .745
60--- 2.287
330-- 6.097
1/8-- 9.122
MPH- 81.71
1000- 11.713
1/4-- 13.882
MPH- 104.39

mustang john

Established Member
My buddy had a 01 Cobra vert with a SRA, catback, K&N drop in with welds and ET streets and it ran a best of 12.75 @ 107 (with me at the wheel hehe). Your mph should be good for high 12s with some traction and good shifting.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
cruise night is not a good night to go to etown and race for times, no prep work and u only get one run. wed/friday/sat/sun are the times to go, especially when there's a big event going on.

Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
thanks for the input guys, what can i do to reduce the wheel hop? should i lower the tire pressure?

ET Streets on a 15" rim are a great way to reduce wheel hop and your sixty will drop also, the extra sidewall gives alot more and kills wheel hop.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread