First Time EVER down the track!!!

k0r3an

Established Member
Well, after a long string of unfortunate breaks with the Supra, I was finally able to get to the track with the Cobra! Please keep in mind, this is the first time I have EVER ran down the 1320. Best pass of the day was 12.74@110. This was after hot lapping the car a couple times in about 80 degree whether with low humidity.

2003 Cobra,*Bald* Falken Azenis RT615 275/40/17, Stock pulley Eaton, ORX, Borla catback, stock tune, JLT RAI, MGW shifter, full "Daily Driven" weight (even with the spare tire and full tank of gas :))

IMG_1078_zps9b0fe6be.jpg

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
Bet it was fun to finally let it loose, or at least worry free! Looks like you have plenty of room for improvement, especially if you had extra weight and shitty tires! So I'm sure you can cut back your reaction with some practice and your 60' with some slicks.

Are you "launching" on the last yellow. A lot of guys start out waiting for green, or just before it, when in fact by the time the clutch engages, the tires finally get traction, you've waited too long so going on the last yellow tends to work out just about right.

Posted via Topify using Android

k0r3an

Established Member
It felt great to run! I actually recently picked up a set of Toyo TQs 315 to help with that. Honestly, I wasn't too concerned about the rt. In fact, I'm not even sure I was looking; I just happened to be around the same time. I was mostly working on getting my 60' down and playing with launching RPMs.

Users who are viewing this thread