First time on the strip....

IGO 202

Established Member
Ran the Mustang last evening at our local 1/8th mile track. I run my bike and big block Malibu (auto) when I can but haven't made a pass with a straight shift in 40 years.

Stock Pirelli M&S all-seasons but the track is prepped pretty good, especially for the DR and slick guys.

Best out of three was a 1.92 60' , 8.12 @ 92.5mph. I think with some seat time & cooler air I'll break in the 7's. Wish there was a quarter mile track nearby.

Had a good time for sure!

Dan

98v8

Established Member
Ran the Mustang last evening at our local 1/8th mile track. I run my bike and big block Malibu (auto) when I can but haven't made a pass with a straight shift in 40 years.

Stock Pirelli M&S all-seasons but the track is prepped pretty good, especially for the DR and slick guys.

Best out of three was a 1.92 60' , 8.12 @ 92.5mph. I think with some seat time & cooler air I'll break in the 7's. Wish there was a quarter mile track nearby.

Had a good time for sure!

Dan

Where at? I'm looking for a good track around here I'm never off on Thursdays to go to thunder valley and the only other course near me is terrible. Thanks

IGO 202

Established Member
Crossville, TN (I-40 Dragway).

We never have good runs at Bristol on the bikes due to the track not hooking for street nights.

I-40 would be a long drive for you, it's over an hour for us but they do prep the track.

Dan

IGO 202

Established Member
I don't believe I can get my 60's down too much more with my factory tires. I just dry hopped to clean them off, maybe with some more time I can get in the 1.80's with them.

I've installed a Boss I/M, C&L CAI, Steeda X-pipe w/ cats, GT 500 mufflers, Bama tune & 3:73 gears. I lowered the car with H&R springs and bought a set of LCA but haven't installed them yet.....the car didn't wheel hop.

I run M/T Street ET Radials on my Malibu all the time and love them but the 'Stang is the wifes DD and I don't wanna fool with switching tires for the track. Was just curious what it would run as she drives it everyday, I'd be pleased with high 7's as it sits and the car will do it if I can!

Just trying to make sure she's one of the fastest grandmothers in town. :-D

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread