First time out in the new Cobra...

allmotorTA

Established Member
Finally made it out to the track tonight... 03 Cobra, just bought it 2 weeks ago, 1200 miles, all stock except Densecharger, off road H, and flowmaster CB. I was completely babying it all the way down, no powershifting. I tried powershifting but it was wheel-hoppong like crazy, especially on the 1-2 shift. Also, this is my first fast car with a stick, I used to have a H/C LT1 with a 700R4, completely different ballgame with a M6 :)

Results:

60' 2.06
1/8 8.172
1/8 mph 90.00
1/4 12.487
1/4 mph 114.21

Definitely happy for my first time out. With a little more aggressive driving and some slicks, 11's wouldn't be too far off... Too bad I won't be able to try, I'll have a pulley and tune within a week, I'll breeze by the 11's after that :beer:

Last edited:

1 BLOWN V8

Established Member
I would also have to say damn good #'S. What kind of tire and what RPM did you launch at. 2.06 is great for a F1 tire.

allmotorTA

Established Member
Stock F1's. I was surprisingly consistent, I only made 3 runs, 2 of them were identical 2.06 60's, the other was 2.02 (I had to abort the 2.02 run, I powershifted 2nd and it started to wheel hop, bad...) My launch technique was this: 2 of the runs I revved to 3500 and slipped the clutch and mashed it at the same time, resulting in a kind of wheel hop/hook at the same time. The last run I revved to 2000 and slipped the clutch fast, it immediately bogged down to 1000 rpm's and then I mashed it... I prefer the 3500 launch myself.

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
Went to the track and got on my first run:

reaction = .246
60 ft 1.452 (Stock Tires)

As I shifted to 3rd, my car felt flat. My supercharger sounded flat and my engine sounded weak. But my foot was to the floor. I went on it for a couple of seconds and then released it and coasted to a 14.220 @ 79.315 MPH

It did not sound normal. I dont know alot of technical things, so I was a little worried. But somone at the track, was telling me, for some reason, possibly my car pulled some timing from the computer, and limped mode my car for some reason.

Did a few runs after that, and car was fine.

Can someone explain to me, how I got a 1.452 on Stock tires???

I couldn't believe it.:eek:

Last edited:

allmotorTA

Established Member
Originally posted by VeNoMiZeD
You would think. But I swear!!!!!!! I wouldn't waste my time lying.
Don't even worry about it. Sometimes the timing system messes up for some reason or another. You did not get a 1.4 on stock F1's. 1.4's require a very setup suspension, slicks, and more power than a stock 03 can make. Don't worry about it, just chalk it up to a timing error ;-) BTW, what were the 60's on the other runs?

Users who are viewing this thread