First time out

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
Friday night was the first time out for me in this car. Ive had it for about a year and just never ran. Finally got some boost and got antagonized into running just to see what it would do, think I'm happy with it. I def need some more seat time to get the launch down as i bogged pretty bad off the line. My first run was horrible as i missed 3rd and just let it roll, ended with a 12.8@117. The slip below was my 2nd and last run of the night as i decided to run kind of late. Was kind of weird as i bogged from the launch, gripped all the way through first until about 7k RPM and spun till i hit 2nd:shrug: i hit max psi @ 7700 but i would think the tires would hold that if already having traction(Nitto NT05r, 305/45r18, 16PSI)

IMG_20130904_092101_127_zpsdecc5f0a.jpg

More seat time to follow with a little lower air pressure and harder launch.

Crappy Iphone vid FTW
[youtube_browser]gvx2LnxFHUI[/youtube_browser]

StangMan04

Established Member
Glad you decided to run. I can't wait to get my car back from the body shop. Going to be around $2000 for repairs when all is said and done. My car will never see the track again on stock tires. So I doubt I see the track again this year since I will be broke after these repairs.

StangMan04

Established Member
ouch, is that how much Mike told you? Can you source the parts yourself a little cheaper?

$1400 not including the dent in the rear metal that meets the rear bumper. I will get that quote later today.

Another shop I went to quoted $2200 for everything.

Mike said his paint guy wouldn't do it without going through him for parts since that is how he makes some of his $.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
Mike said his paint guy wouldn't do it without going through him for parts since that is how he makes some of his $.

That's a bunch of bull, i wouldn't do business with that guy just because he said that if it was me. Have you tried a Dealer? You could source the parts, have the dealer paint it and i don't think it would be too much. They will most likely be able to match the paint better.

StangMan04

Established Member
That's a bunch of bull, i wouldn't do business with that guy just because he said that if it was me. Have you tried a Dealer? You could source the parts, have the dealer paint it and i don't think it would be too much. They will most likely be able to match the paint better.

I was thinking of ordering parts from Tousley, just not sure how shipping would burn me in cost.

Just depends on the prices I get. The place I got my first estimate at, said I could get the parts elsewhere if I wanted to, if it was cheaper.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
Tousley is a good place to order from, I have bought many things in the past from them and customer service is excellent. I'm sure if you send them a PM they can get you a better price on everything shipped out together.

StangMan04

Established Member
Tousley is a good place to order from, I have bought many things in the past from them and customer service is excellent. I'm sure if you send them a PM they can get you a better price on everything shipped out together.

Yeah I have been PMing him, will see how things go.

Users who are viewing this thread