first time pics, new to me black 03 gt

01poison320

Established Member
Ok guys, I've never actually posted on here but a couple times more recently but have been hangin around on here for about 2 or 3 yrs now and finally picked up my first stang in July. Its a 2003 black GT 5 speed, tan leather interior, 93k on the clock, alpine head unit and infinity speakers, steeda tri-ax and cobrabob shifter gasket. Not sure exactly but either 3.73s or 4.10s, still have to get in there and change the diff fluid and see what they are exactly but pretty sure its 4.10. Also has a dallas mustang speed recalibrator, flowmaster catback, spec aluminum flywheel and stage 1 clutch, h&r race springs on stock struts and shocks with all isolaters in, bbk cai, tr55 plugs, 6k hid heads and fogs(on the way right now). About it for now, gotta pull the trans back out unfortunately, the new pilot bearing isnt seated all the way :bash: shouldve checked it before i said done but oh well now, also went ahead now and have a new clutch fork and pivot ball this time, forgot to order originally. Workin on getting a c&l intake plenum and 75mm tb next and a whole list of other things in my sig haha. Hope you all enjoy :beer:

Other stang is my buddys 2000 auto v6 that he has a t45 and a 4.6 2v on stand in the garage currently collecting parts slowly for a full build with forged internals and big ol turbo. Hopin the pics arent overly huge since I've yet to upload pics on a forum before, so but also camera is a d40x

link to whole album: mustang pictures by etk31708 - Photobucket
couple before springs when I first got her:
DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

and after springs and any other random pics:
DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
nice but how the heck do you not seat a pilot bearing all the way? did you hit a few taps and do something else and forget about it? Sounds impossible. who would do that. Sounds like you have another problem and your just thinking it might be the pilot bearing. Nice ride man. Just curious

cheese5.0

Cheese...?
Established Member
nice gt man. hidy is like 5 minutes from my house, im surprised i never saw that sitting on the lot! anyway enjoy :beer:

01poison320

Established Member
nice but how the heck do you not seat a pilot bearing all the way? did you hit a few taps and do something else and forget about it? Sounds impossible. who would do that. Sounds like you have another problem and your just thinking it might be the pilot bearing. Nice ride man. Just curious

I hit it good about 3 times and then tapped it 2 or 3 more after that and it didnt seem to move and everyone ive been asking so far has said its most likely that not being seated all the way because its making a vibrating/grinding noise while the pedal is out and just idling. Not sure exactly but I'll be finding out and fixing whatever it is this wkend, live and learn to double and triple check things I guess :loser: oh well

cheese: Probably didnt see it cause I managed to catch it only 2 or 3 days after it was there, didnt even have it priced yet so I got very lucky, and all cause I went up to help my buddy that works there get his tool box on sunday :banana: i went back immediately monday after work, drove it, loved it and committed to it right then, picked it up tuesday after finishing all the paper work :beer: although I do wish it was a cobra, a gt will do fine til my funds improve more
so but thanks guys, cant wait to get more stuff on her now :)

Users who are viewing this thread