FIrst Time to the Track

'04svtCobra

Established Member
Well last night I finally go to the track. It was cool (about 60) at 6pm then dropped to about 45 or so by 9:30. I guess I did ok, considering the track conditions as well as the weather, but I think I still need some practice...

Timeslip_03_02_2005.jpg

racebronco2

Established Member
it is really hard to get a good launch with these cobra's ... mine stock with a cat-back went 13.41 corrected 13.01 .... added cai and went 13.19 corrected 12.79 ... your are a little slower than average ... practice your 60' and you can get your times down into the high 12's

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Car #4050?? I am guessing they number you differently, then they do over here. You deffentially need to work on launching... What beat you in the left lane that let off and trapped 72? Also did you let off on your 93 trap run?

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
COngrats on your first time out! Isn't it a blast! Launching these beasts ain't easy but it will come. Shift as close to 6,500rpms..wind these babies out... :burnout:

Have fun!!

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
Keep practicing.... It took me a few trips to the track before I got into the 12s. Some people are just naturals at the 1/4 mile others have to work at it a little. Good luck next time.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
yellow 04 cobra said:
what is this corrected shit? if you went a 13.41 at the track thats what you ran not a 13.01 please explain this theory.
I agree. The only time I use a corrected is when people ask what it would be at sea level. Even then I don't know if the corrections for NA cars is the same for FI cars. I ran a 12.8 and thats what my car runs. Would it run faster at sea level? Maybe, depends on the track, weather, and my driving abilities that day.

'04svtCobra

Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
Car #4050?? I am guessing they number you differently, then they do over here. You deffentially need to work on launching... What beat you in the left lane that let off and trapped 72? Also did you let off on your 93 trap run?

Yeah, they use some wacked numbering convention.

The left lane on run 1 was on old Chevell. It was sweet and loud as $hit. With my helmet on I could hear him over me. He should have killed me. And yes I let off too. I think I was paying more attention to the other guy than I was to what I should have been doing... Just Spectating at 90 MPH... :eek: LOL

The second run was vs a 2001 Stang. Didin't get to talk to the guy to see what mods he had, but he had slicks...

Last edited:

'04svtCobra

Established Member
I'm also kinda embarassed to ask this, but here goes...

What is the proper way to do a burn-out. I couldn't do one to save my life at the track, but I seem to be able to do them fine on the street...

'04svtCobra

Established Member
nikemason said:
13.2 @ 79 MPH? Hows that possible ??? thats kinda too slow to get that quick of an E/T isn't it??

I think the guy thought he was running the 1/8 not the 1/4...
How did he get that time??? He car was fast as hell and then he hit the brakes....

Users who are viewing this thread