First track outing this season-went auto

qcksnake

Established Member
Yup, I've seen people chase their tail on glide cars with gears and converters as they have such a big impact on each other. As you said gearing the car lower should hopefully give you less slip. I have read about people swapping gears and getting almost the same et/mph, it just ends up at a different RPM from it's impact on the converter.

Was that 35% slip accounting for tire growth as well? I haven't calc'd mine out at the 1/8th but supposedly slip is way higher there than at the 1/4.

Your car hauls ass man, very impressive. Interested to see the results of your gear change and what you end up with if you throw some more power at it. You planning on hitting any NMRA events this year with the car?

I may hit some NMRA events. I am active duty so its a fight just balancing work and family.

Yes I figured in tire growth.

I am confident just gear change will pick it up a lot. ,60 ft is off by a lot. This much power it should be in Teens.

I'll let you know as soon as snow melts!

qcksnake

Established Member
Great pass, What made you decide to go auto, sick of the mt82 or just wanted to go faster.

Wanted to show what this Armageddon turbo kit was all about. I didn't see spending a load of money on a tr6060 swap and just picking up a little et. I spent less going auto and it will go much faster.

Users who are viewing this thread