First Track Time with the 04' Cobra

orangesvtbb

Established Member
Went to the dragstrip for the first time with a manual car (my 2004 Cobra). First of all I would like to explain my reaction time lol. They had a stupid traffic light instead of a tree. It would go red when you needed to stop and all the sudden it would go green when you could race. I was upset with the kiddie tree. I only went twice down the track. I won't post my first timeslip(cough 13.9 cough) cause I burned that one with a cigarette lighter. I would have gone a third time and maybe dropped some more time off but my gas pedal BROKE! the throttle stuck at the end of the track, but that is another story. Heres the slip. I am the time on the right. The one on the left is a suped up sounding srt-4...everyone was running crappy times but I don't think mine was too bad-->

timeslip.jpg

Let me know what horsepower numbers or potential times I can get with my car.
I have K&N FIPK and Flowmaster Cat-Back stock tires
Thanks

Last edited:

SnakeinMD

New Cobra hopefully soon!
Established Member
Need to get some more track time with that beast.

Not to piss everyone off but I had an SRT-4 and bone stock paper filter and all I ran a 14.1 at 102.4 MPH. So everyone must have been running very shitty if he was souped up and only ran a 14.6 or he cannot drive worth a shit. Sorry for the comment. Just wonderin...

QuikGT

Banned
WOW!!! you really messed up that r/t!!! good run otherwise though...id say you could expect 12.80s in the 1/4 (judging by your r/t and your eighth mile should be low low 8s or high 7s) out of your car and probably dyno around 390ish rwhp.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I wouldn't have even raced if I went to a track and saw a 'tree' like that. Screw that track.:bash:

Last edited:

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
thats what an srt ran over here also he had crappy 60' times and only passed me at the end of the track....lol
srt.gif
thats me on the right can someone do the math on wether my best pass on this next pic would have beat the srt? :poke:
newbest.jpg
again thats me on the right... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread