First Underhood Mods!!

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
Well, I just did my first under-hood mods this week. My bone-stock 2004 with 15k miles has been beggin for some mods so I am getting started. I just did the Rubbermaid trash can cold air kit, and I'm sorry, I know it's cheap, but comeon I HAD TO! It was a sucess, and I also relocated the cruise control unit underneath the platform that holds the air box. I don't know if this has been done before, but it is working great, and it's COMPLETELY out of the way of the air box now. I mean it's just a cable and a wiring harness, and a box. It can be put anywhere that the cable and harness will reach, as long as you don't kink the cable, so why not get it the heck out of the way?
I also plugged off all vaccum to the crankcase and installed breathers in the valve covers, very stealthy, and black plastic breathers that I bought from Auto Zone for 3 bucks a piece, They are replacements for factory setups so they are already baffled for oil, and look like original equipment. I left the stock oil cap for now, and it seems to be breathing quite well and no oil residue. Of course I will have to put it back to stock for smog, but hey its worth not getting oil in my intercooler! I decided not to do the oil-seperator because it's not a 100% fix. You can still get vapors that can cause carbon buildup inside the intercooler.
...as far as exterior mods I also did the chrome grille-mod this week, and that looks GREAT!! Total money spent is probably less than 100 bucks, actually a lot less for me because I already had a K&N conical air filter.

LightningMAS

Banned
hahaha.. i saw that over at NLOC.. i had to go ahead and make a heat shield out of a rubbermaid trash can to.. its ghetto, but it works.. ill take a pic of it and show yall... its funny..

Users who are viewing this thread