Fitbit

03slow6

Established Member
Anyone here have a Fitbit? Just got one for Christmas and was wondering if they're as good as I've heard.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Just installed mine and wearing.
We will see.
Was using the health tracker on my iPhone.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
We got a bunch for my family. Going to get the Charge HR version for the gf when it gets in Stock at kohl's. She has a SVT (superventricular tachycardia) which will make her heart rate jump up randomly, and always carries around a monitor. She has a galaxy s5 but the heart rate sensor on it is garbage.

01shakr

Established Member
I have had mine for over a year and find it great , it encourages me to get off my butt and go for a walk , I'm retired so sometimes I need a bit of encouragement to get off the couch .

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Bought one for my wife. She had it for about 1 week and it started glitching. Most likely a faulty unit. However, she grew bored of it.

Thomas - There are easy operations for SVT as I had a somewhat severe case of it in my younger years (upwards of 360 BPM and a low of 20-30 BPM). Sorry for the GF having it. It is not fun when your heart is racing. Some it is just a fast heart rate, others, it is incredible pain, trouble breathing, issues with bloodflow, etc.

Thehubster

Established Member
I have had mine for about 3 months now and I love it. It is great for tracking how active I am through out the day. it also tracks my sleep pretty accurately and it tracks my workouts as well. It may not be super accurate but it is a great way to keep track of how active you are through out the day. I think you will be surprised to see that you aren't as active as you may think. Good luck with it man.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
My wife has the jawbone for just over a year and uses it everyday. For those who are gym rats and/or health nuts I am sure they will use it all the time but for those who aren't will get bored.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Bought my wife the Jawbone Up24 for Christmas, she seems to like it so far. Not sure how accurate it is with steps since it appears to record driving and metro riding as steps. She likes the sleep tracking though.

I keep thinking about getting one, but not sure if I have a need for it. The heart rate monitor at the gym or hooked up to my bike GPS tells me how many calories I'm burning while working out. I don't really care how many I get while at work. And I can't wear any electrical devices half the time anyway, so I'd be constantly taking it on and off and it wouldn't be accurate. Not for me.

Users who are viewing this thread