FIX for Ford CD Player Eject Problem

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Cool info. Thanks. :beer:
Mine has stuck a couple of times. So has my power windows. Heat seems to be the common connection in both problems.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Good post, Greg
Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing the info! I try to only use clean cds to avoid getting dirt in the unit. It's good to know it can be cleaned when it does get dirty. I will avoid that springs all over the place part. :)

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
This is good stuff. Ford on't fix mine, said it was because I played burned CD's in the unit (despite the fact that it was the NON-BURNED CD's that were sticking). Anyhow, the credit card trick works like a charm, much better then the icepick and tweezers I was using.

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

I've been looking for some kind of solution forever now. The single CD player on my 98 GT is a CD monster and I constantly fight with it to the point I want to just rip it out and chunk it in the street. Gonna try this fix and see what happens. I got nothing to lose. Welcome to the forums too.

mlrny01

Established Member
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru
This is good stuff. Ford on't fix mine, said it was because I played burned CD's in the unit (despite the fact that it was the NON-BURNED CD's that were sticking). Anyhow, the credit card trick works like a charm, much better then the icepick and tweezers I was using.
Damn dude, Ford just loves the hell out of you......... :dw:

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru

I thought you were going to say that they wouldn't fix it because they found a red speck of dirt on one of your plugs. LOL ;-)

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
LOL. No, they checked the tread depth of my tires, and said the vibration from spinning them has caused the ejection motors to become misaligned :lol:

stangfreak

Established Member
on my other mustang it gets stuck all the time not on my cobra. i brought it back to ford 2 times until they fixed it. sometimes i feel like putting my fist in the radio. thanks for the info man.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
OK, now I'm confused. My dealer told me the '03 stereos are made by Pioneer. Is this the case or am I being told fibs?

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
no eject-ulation problems yet...buy I will bookmark this just in case.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread