Fixed my plug issues and hit 12's.

xxSection8xx

02 Lightning
Established Member
Well it turns out that i had my plugs gapped wrong and i ate up a plug. I replaced them with a new set gapped at .032 and it solved the spark blow out i experienced. I took the truck to Bradenton Motorsport yesterday and got in 3 passes. I pulled out 3 degrees of timing for the first run and added 1 degree back with each pass. My tuner suggested doing this to make sure it wasnt another issue and to see how the truck acted with each degree added back. With each pass i picked up more MPH and will see how it does getting back to the base tune on my next outing. I cant wait to get traction bars and slicks and see what it does. All runs where done with no traction bars and Nitto 555 street radials.
Lightningtimes.jpg

xxSection8xx

02 Lightning
Established Member
Thank you. I am working on getting traction bars and slicks. The 1st and 3rd pass spun and the 2nd hooked pretty well.

Not sure on the exact tune. I had it tuned by a local shop. (Ford Speed Racing) I am running NGK TR6's.

You guys think i may be able to get under a 12.5 with slicks?

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
what you have your plugs at before?I heard you are suppose to gap them around .036-.038 for a 6 lber

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Nice runs, nice looking truck too.

It was nice to meet you at BMP on sunday.

At least you got witness my embarrasing runs, stupid fuel issues!!! I was running 13.01 @ 109mph hahaha, truck would die on launch, come back to life, then die again, then get going..... Problem fixed finally....

I had mine gapped at .036, they were blowing out the spark as well. so I pulled the plugs again and gapped them down to .034, so far so good.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Congrats on getting into the 12's. I hope to get some seat time this year and get there as well.

xxSection8xx

02 Lightning
Established Member
Nice runs, nice looking truck too.

It was nice to meet you at BMP on sunday.

At least you got witness my embarrasing runs, stupid fuel issues!!! I was running 13.01 @ 109mph hahaha, truck would die on launch, come back to life, then die again, then get going..... Problem fixed finally....

I had mine gapped at .036, they were blowing out the spark as well. so I pulled the plugs again and gapped them down to .034, so far so good.

It was nice to meet you as well. Let me know when your going back to BMP. Maybe i can try to give the KB a run for its money. lol. Id love to see your truck hit the 11's. Hopefully you got everything straightened out and that killer chiller helps out.

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
damn dude 1.89 60's on street tires?
my run was identical and i was running nitto dr's and still spinning a few chirps off the line

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
It was nice to meet you as well. Let me know when your going back to BMP. Maybe i can try to give the KB a run for its money. lol. Id love to see your truck hit the 11's. Hopefully you got everything straightened out and that killer chiller helps out.

Yea issues all fixed. Helps when you have enough gas in the gas tank to run..... Was so low on race fuel, and didnt want to spend any more $$ on some, I would launch so hard all the gas would fly to the back, the fuel sump would be exposed, truck would die, gas flows to middle of tank, then takes off again, and repeats the same deal.... Yea I'm a tool!!! It was a long weekend....Raced 3 different days last week.:rolleyes:

I should be back up to BMP maybe 2 weeks. all depends on when the Killer Chiller shows up.

xxSection8xx

02 Lightning
Established Member
1sweetSVT... I was very happy with that 60 ft. It chirped a little of the line. I cant wait to get some real tires.

MMShaggy... Hopefully i can come up with rims and slicks by then. I have traction bars bars and front springs on the way and will be ordering rear shackles and shocks tomorrow.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
1sweetSVT... I was very happy with that 60 ft. It chirped a little of the line. I cant wait to get some real tires.

MMShaggy... Hopefully i can come up with rims and slicks by then. I have traction bars bars and front springs on the way and will be ordering rear shackles and shocks tomorrow.

they'll definetly help you out.

Next time were there as long as were not running each other, your more than welcome to borrow my rims and slicks for a few passes to see how much better you do.

xxSection8xx

02 Lightning
Established Member
Thank you for the offer. Im going to try to hit the swap meet at Sunshine speedway this sunday and hope i get lucky and find a set. What offset do i need on a set of rims? Im hoping to find some 16x10's.

Users who are viewing this thread