Fixing up the beater dd

darby

Cheaters Inc
Established Member
When I bought my Honda it was all jacked up with spray paint... The body panels had been resprayed red but it had splotches of black in it and the tires and hubcaps had red spray paint all over them as well.

I went ahead and plasti-dipped my whole car red, sprayed over the red on the tires and re-painted the wheels. I added window tint, a new pioneer app radio and some new rear speakers.
I'm very happy with my little beater now :)

For those of you that don't know the plastidip is a rubber paint that comes in a can that peels off the original paint. It comes in matte red,white and black but you can actually buy a paint kit with pretty much any color.

Oh and FYI, the app radio is only $130 on crutchfield.
It is only compatible with the iPhone 4/4s
And doesn't play CDs. It's touch screen and does navigation,movies,pandora etc.

Car before:
C303DD2D-5631-4941-9192-B7B08F1AAF9C-3727-0000015D2C9F868C.jpg

Car after:
20F1DA5D-5C42-44EE-88EF-77604321B320-11205-0000057A0B692380.jpg

8F62A477-452E-4912-96FE-6BFA3F859BF7-11317-0000057F0E20DE2B.jpg

darby

Cheaters Inc
Established Member
thats a nice dd bro very nice and im betting great on gas

It's perfect for what I need with work and just running errands. I don't drive a ton for work, but prob drive around 150 miles a week. It's nice to drive something low profile that gets great gas mileage.
Plus with the new plastidip I really don't even need to worry about washing the car because dirt doesn't really show on it. Pollen season is right now so I'm loving not having to worry about that.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Mind if I ask how much all the new paint cost? I'm looking for a DD along the same lines.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
why do the driveways run down to your houses? That's brilliant.

And My buddy sprayed his with a spray gun.

coposrv

Established Member
Not bad. I like the head unit you went with. That's exactly what j have been looking for.

darby

Cheaters Inc
Established Member
why do the driveways run down to your houses? That's brilliant.

And My buddy sprayed his with a spray gun.

Because the house is down..... A hill?
Nothing runs into the garage. Have had some serious downpours and they have it to where it runs off the side.

I don't have a spray gun or a compressor but the cans worked just fine.

darby

Cheaters Inc
Established Member
maybe its the pictures but it looks worse to me...

Nah...it's just you.
The first pic really shows the shades of black in the red all over the car...it looked like crap.
The car has a nice even matte red finish to it now.
There is water on it in the pics so that might make it look like there are some runs, but it's just water.

Last edited:

two-gun kid

Legion 510
Established Member
Any comments or reviews on. The app radio deck ? Been wanting to replace the stock deck in my mach but haven't found anything I like yet.

darby

Cheaters Inc
Established Member
Any comments or reviews on. The app radio deck ? Been wanting to replace the stock deck in my mach but haven't found anything I like yet.

For $130 through crutchfield you just can't beat it. They send the wiring harness adaptor and cover plate for free.

The only extra thing I had to do was bypass the brake sensor safety wire but it was easy.

It kind of sucks that its only compatable with the iPhone 4 but it's whatever again because the price is so cheap.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
...$130 through crutchfield...

It kind of sucks that its only compatable with the iPhone 4 but it's whatever again because the price is so cheap.

I'm in the market for a headunit but only want a decent sized screen (doubledin, not flip out) and all of those are stupid expensive unless you get some no name brand that breaks in a month.

I was very very interested until you said only compatible with iPhone, Galaxy S2 over here.

Now I'm just thinking about getting a bluetooth compatible POS headunit and hiding it say under the seat and just using a tablet as the screen. I don't know, just brainstorming here.

How does it do nav/movies?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread