FL Gulf Deep Sea Fishing Recommendations

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Trying to get a few recommendations on some private charters to talk to around say the PCB area too do some fishing in the gulf. Not looking for large charters, trying to set up a weekend trip for myself and some friends to go on an all day trip for really big game fishing. Done plenty of half days and caught small sharks, red fish, amberjack, etc. But would love to go an all day trip. Anyone got any recommendations for charters to talk too, how the day was for you and what did you catch?

Thanks

LUBaseball2

Established Member
if you were in the tampa area I could help you out with a friend of mine... if you have never caught some Tarpon those are something I would try to go after.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
if you were in the tampa area I could help you out with a friend of mine... if you have never caught some Tarpon those are something I would try to go after.

Yeah since we are aiming for a weekend trip, do not want to dedicate two days just to driving. Panama/Pennescola area are not bad drives, but Tampa is about another 3-4 hour drive.

As for the fishing, I would love to do catch some Tarpon or Marlin which require a full day. Thats why i am trying to find out for a full day too go for more big game fish.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Cobia should be thick up there right now...they are FUN and are one of the best eating fish there is!

and Tarpon are not an all day trip lol...when i lived in Tampa we would hit the water at 3, catch some bait and sail a poon before 5 depending on the tide lol

the only problem with tarpon is your arms won't work for a few after landing one...Sailfish would be a good daytrip! same for Wahoo or Dolphin

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Buddy I work with has an Uncle who owns a Charter boat in Florida. I'll check with him in a bit and see where he's at and get some details.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Cobia should be thick up there right now...they are FUN and are one of the best eating fish there is!

and Tarpon are not an all day trip lol...when i lived in Tampa we would hit the water at 3, catch some bait and sail a poon before 5 depending on the tide lol

the only problem with tarpon is your arms won't work for a few after landing one...Sailfish would be a good daytrip! same for Wahoo or Dolphin

Good eating fish is also a reason i am going. But big game fish is what I am after. All the times I have gone, they are generally only 6 hour trips which isnt enough time to do any trolling. Last time biggest fish I caught was a 35lb Amberjack...which is an amazing tasting fish..would not mind another one of them.

Buddy I work with has an Uncle who owns a Charter boat in Florida. I'll check with him in a bit and see where he's at and get some details.

Let me know. Every time I have gone its been out into the Atlantic and I always hear the gulf is much more fun lol.

oh and we are called "Anglers" lol

Too be honest...duh. :lol1:

Wish I could help. Most, if not all of my deep sea trips are out of Ocean City MD (my buddy owns a charter boat), or Oregon Inlet NC. Don't take any bannanas...good luck. :banana::banana::banana:

lol

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i could help you out if you were going to be near tampa or sarasota. you're going to need to go pretty far off shore to get the bigger fish. my buddy has a 33 foot whaler, and we'll go 40-60 miles out to get some of the bigger groupers, etc. you need to go 60 miles out to get deep enough water for tuna, etc.

going to sarasota in two weeks for spring break with the family and plan on doing some fishing that week

Users who are viewing this thread