flame thrower kit how to???

roostracing

Established Member
hey guys, I have a flame thrower kit that I purchased from Gotflames.com and I took it to a local speedshop to get it installed. We ran into a little dilema. The kit requires us to cut into a 12 volt power supply that controls all the ignition coils. The problem is which wire is it? Each side of the motor (it seems like) runs back into the harness. Does anybody know where or what wire to cut into that would enable the spark to go into the exhaust plugs to make this kit work? Maybe a relay or fuse?? There has to be a central meeting point. Or can it be only one side of the motor, one coil, or all coils? I would hate to cut into the wrong wire!! I have a 2003 mach 1 5 spd. Any info would GREATLY BE APPRECIATED!! Thanks!!

roostracing

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
Why are you putting that on your car?

i guess you dont know which wire to cut into huh?

Ive had wanted to do this for a while. In fact I had the kit for about 6 mths now just never had time to put it in. I just want it in to have a little fun. So does anybody know the answers to my questions?? :shrug:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
roostracing said:
I just want it in to have a little fun. So does anybody know the answers to my questions?? :shrug:

Christian Bale is the next Batman.

Oh about the wires. Yeah, don't f#ck with wires on your car. They're easy to install on old cars but not worth the risk on newer ones in my opinion.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
maybe you should look it up at "Two Guys Garage" website....well they didn't install a flamethrower on a Mustang but instead on an old hot rod...from what I remember they used a spark plug about 8 inches away from the end of the tip of the exhaust...check out their website maybe you'll find something there... :shrug:

oldnfast

approaching ancient
Established Member
Want03Cobra said:
they used a spark plug about 8 inches away from the end of the tip of the exhaust
Won't work with cats.

roostracing said:
Does anybody know where or what wire to cut into that would enable the spark to go into the exhaust plugs to make this kit work?
A good shop can tell you. They'll have the info.

One last thing....
if you're going to do it, PLEASE, take any reference to the brand off your car!!! :nonono: Put Honda nameplates on.

:lol: Just kidding.

No, I'm not. :rolleyes:

roostracing

Established Member
oldnfast said:
Won't work with cats.

A good shop can tell you. They'll have the info.

One last thing....
if you're going to do it, PLEASE, take any reference to the brand off your car!!! :nonono: Put Honda nameplates on.

:lol: Just kidding.

No, I'm not. :rolleyes:

I know what it works with and what it doesnt, so let me ask you this...should all these FORD HOT RODS (32 roadsters etc) take there Ford identity and trash it and slap on honda badges??? :burn: Didnt think so...the kit was designed for a fuel injected vehicle, plugs are already in the exhaust, just that evry fuel injected car is different, thus, finding the wire is very hard cause i have 1 coil per cylinder. Now on oldies its just a one coil set up which is cake to do. In fact, if i cant find the right wire to cut into soon, then i will install it on my 31 ford roadster and call it a day. :D

I was told that someone on here had installed a kit on their 03 cobra...so if anyone can help out other than "why this and why that" than please do...i'm all ears!! ;-)

oldnfast

approaching ancient
Established Member
roostracing said:
I know what it works with and what it doesnt,
If you'll look at the quote, I wasn't responding to you. I was referring to a non-catted set-up working on cats.
so let me ask you this...should all these FORD HOT RODS (32 roadsters etc) take there Ford identity and trash it and slap on honda badges???
They are not mach's.
Didnt think so...the kit was designed for a fuel injected vehicle, plugs are already in the exhaust, just that evry fuel injected car is different, thus, finding the wire is very hard cause i have 1 coil per cylinder.
That is correct.
Now on oldies its just a one coil set up which is cake to do.
Correct, again.
In fact, if i cant find the right wire to cut into soon, then i will install it on my 31 ford roadster and call it a day.
It'll look great on that!

Sorry, didn't mean to knot your skivvies. :lol1:

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
I have a wiring diagram, i'll look tomorrow. UR loking for the positive feed to all coils.

Do you have 6 or 8 coils? :lol1:

I'll try to get to it b4 noon

Users who are viewing this thread