Floor Jack ???

04Red-Snake

Established Member
Guys,

I have a 2004 Cobra with stock suspension and wheels / tires. I am having difficulty finding a floor jack that will roll far enough under the car to reach the frame points where the car needs to be lifted from (from the sides of te car to the frame - front & back). Could you please let me know what floor jacks you are using? I just bought new wheels & tires and it is killing me not being able to put them on. Thank you in advance for your help.

rafael
04Red-Snake

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
any racing style jack (craftsman)....or you could go ghetto and drive up on some wooden boards. That would give you some extra height to get a normal jack under there.

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
I have the same problem that is why I am going to get SFC's w/jacking rails

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Use a smaller floor jack to get the car up a little for the larger jack or drive onto some scraps of wood to get the car up. If you use the wood, remember to put it back under the tires before you let the car down. I use both methods depending on where I am and what I have available.

2kbill

Established Member
My AC floor jack, from Automotive Service Equipment . It is rated 4400 lbs, only requires 3.1 inches clearance, and lifts 19.7 inches. Cost 316 shipped.

DSC01019.jpg

More pics.

04Red-Snake

Established Member
Guys, thank you very much for all the great ideas. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. I spent a little time looking on line at long frame / low profile jacks - that would be my #1 choice, but most are expensive. I think for the moment, I will use a wooden board to get a little more clearance, and then lift the car with my Craftsman floor jack. At some point I may invest in a long frame / low profile jack unless I decide to install sub-frame rails. Again, thanks for all your help - you guys always come through.

PS - 2kbill > Very nice jack, and thanks for the pics. Love to have one like yours.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I use a 2-ton Walker from Napa, its pretty big, but it'll go on the stock ride height car. No way it'll go with it lowered.

Sharkster

Established Member
I just grabbed a smaller low profile jack from Home Depot for like $25. You cant pump the jack hard at first but once it gets going she is good to go. My only problem is that it doesnt get it quite high enough for the stands. I havent tried a chunk of 2x4 yet, I think that might do it.

jlauth

Established Member
i happen to work in the tool department a sears, you can get a craftsman that goes down as low as 3 inches. There is a 3000# and a 4000#, but i know that the 4000 is like 199. Not sure on the 3000, but for a stang i would get a 4000. I plan on buying one of these some day. Oh did i mention that they are all aluminum, so they are relatively light.

Last edited:

Sharkster

Established Member
SVT04 said:
Looks like a nice jack. I just went online to Harbor freight and ordered one.
damn look at that postban took my solid axle off my car again. Hey I want my axle back man........................................ :rockon:

hey where are you putting that jack at that its bringing the whole rear of the car up like that????

Last edited:

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
mattz03svt said:
any racing style jack (craftsman)....or you could go ghetto and drive up on some wooden boards. That would give you some extra height to get a normal jack under there.

I have the same jack. Its excellent and looks cool. It fits under my lowered cobra no problem. And wooden boards work great'

Users who are viewing this thread