Floor LED's

The Shermanator

Gaming Guru
Established Member
Check out the blue LED's.

I didn't like the stock incandescent bulbs in my rear view mirror, so I upgraded them with blue LED's. I have since also purchased 2, 18-LED light bars from superbrightleds.com. Much brighter than before.

I only have one light bar installed, but here is the result:

Pardon the mess, still in the middle of the install

34005_1520973985848_1279508747_31403810_1134424_n.jpg

The Shermanator

Gaming Guru
Established Member
Blue looks good man, I hate how my cobalt gauges don't match my factory green gauges

Thank you.

I would recommend getting the WLEDx5 in cool white. You will need seven of them, 5 for behind the cluster, and 2 for the AC controls if you want to make them blue instead of the green, it's a very easy mod. Still have yet to figure out what I want to do with my green factory clock though.

I finished the install this morning, and will take pictures tonight of the finished product.

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
Last edited:

The Shermanator

Gaming Guru
Established Member
You are over-complicating the process and blue in the map lights does cross into rice.

Here is a much simpler process:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...cations-212/701092-footwell-lighting-mod.html

Ken

The blue map lights are a bit much, but I do like the floor ones. I have been debating for white in the mirror.

And that was the process I did. Removed the pillar, spliced in, and ran the wires underneath and behind the stereo and mounted the lights up in there.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Red on the Floor Pane makes it seem like a Mobile Strip Joint. :banana:

It's all about personal taste, I'd go with white light all around the interior.

Like I said in my how to thread, I did my buddy's car in white footwell LED's. Came out pretty nice.

Reason I went with red is because it's subtle. It's not as distracting as blue or white LED's. Mood lighting in new model cars are red. Look it up.

Now, i'm referring to the OP putting blue LED's in the Map lights. Map lights are what convertibles have instead of a dome light.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I like the idea I thin of the white lights, I plan on switching my lights in the dash to white leds so the color is blue and matches my other gauges, only problem is ten the radio and the clock will still be green, I wonder if there is a way to crack open the radio to change out the bulb, I dont care much for a radio so I am not buying a new one just so it has blue lighting

Users who are viewing this thread