Floor vent stuck closed?

Jukens

Established Member
Just noticed today now that it's getting cooler out that I couldn't get any air warm,cold, or recirculated to come from the floor vent. When the air full blast I can hear it switch and it never comes out the floor vent but instead is forced out the windshield vent. Any ideas?

atistang

Established Member
have you put your hand down there to feel for air?

when mine is on floor some air still comes out the defrost vent, i've been told this is normal

if i turn my fan up high it sounds like it is only coming out up top, but it is blowing more on my feet

sloppymax

Established Member
Mine has the tendency to work fine with full fan coming to the floor but the next trip I take, the actuator will not allow any air to the bottom. I heard 5-7 fairly loud taps from behind the control unit yesterday morning but of course it will not duplicate the noise now.

I remember reading something about removing the climate control fuse for 10 minutes and letting the system cycle. Found the fuse but have not removed it yet.

fake

Established Member
Mine does this if I don't use the floor vent often. I usually leave it on full blast and on the warmest setting. I also circulate between dash vent and floor vent. It usually frees itself up within 10 minutes or so.

Jukens

Established Member
Ya I felt for air and it definitely being blocked. I tried the fuse thing and it didn't work. Going to try hot air full blast and see if it frees it self then I will call the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread