162.4 KB · Views: 25

blk02edge

Established Member
Do breathalyzers not exist?? What a bunch of useless bullshit

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Like ive said before EVERY profession has its 10%ers.... LE is no exception. Plenty of criminals with badges its just the law of averages with a profession that requires a GED to get hired smfh......

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Absolutely disgusting. I hope that the defense appeals, how the hell did the jury find him guilty? Did they pull a BAC on the guy?

blk02edge

Established Member
Absolutely disgusting. I hope that the defense appeals, how the hell did the jury find him guilty? Did they pull a BAC on the guy?
Sounded to me like probable cause and an assumption is enough for a DUI charge... there's no way in hell that would fly here. You do a roadside breathalyzer, if you fail that then you go in to the station to blow on the official machine. No two ways about it.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
As soon as the footage appeared of her breaking the seal, opening the bottle and pouring out liquor and tossing it for her partner to find....the case should have been over and she should have been arrested.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
As soon as the footage appeared of her breaking the seal, opening the bottle and pouring out liquor and tossing it for her partner to find....the case should have been over and she should have been arrested.
Somebody said defense didn't have the body cam footage, which is mindblowing

850SNCobra

Established Member
I haven't delved much into this myself, just been reading comments on the story that's been shared on fb and reddit.

People are saying the bottle that the officer opened wasn't used as evidence but that the open container or cup in his center console/cupholder had a mixed drink in it. IF that is the case, I can understand why he was found guilty, along with being caught driving with his headlights off, suspended license.

Also when the video was first released last week prior to the trial, it sounded as if the defense team had made the video public(Not sure if that's possible) but that is what I got from the public statement that the police department released shortly after the video went viral last week.

blk02edge

Established Member
Can you actually get a DUI down there based on having open liquor? are breathalyzers not a thing?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Can you actually get a DUI down there based on having open liquor? are breathalyzers not a thing?

They are a thing, but open container laws are a thing too.

In Missouri there's a formula. Number of vehicle occupants over the age of 21, minus 1, is the number of open containers you can have in the car. (Driver obviously can't have one).

blk02edge

Established Member
They are a thing, but open container laws are a thing too.

In Missouri there's a formula. Number of vehicle occupants over the age of 21, minus 1, is the number of open containers you can have in the car. (Driver obviously can't have one).
same here but that doesn't equal a dui. Its a ticket, not a charge.

2011fiveliter

Established Member
I don't understand what the big deal is about an officer pouring out the liquor. It is done all over the country when officers arrest a DUI suspect. I believe the case against the suspect would be much better had they given the individual a PBT and intoxilizer test. But listening to the testimony of the officers. It appears the suspect was driving erratic, had blood shot eyes, there was a cup with alcohol in the center consol, and admitted to drinking at a bar before driving. Which we all know, no one ever drinks more than a couple drinks before driving.

And I would guess his license was suspended for prior DUIs as well. Cause how do you not know your license are suspended.

Anyway, there is always going to be individuals who want to scrutinize everything an officer does. It goes with the territory.

kaz109

Established Member
I don't understand what the big deal is about an officer pouring out the liquor. It is done all over the country when officers arrest a DUI suspect. I believe the case against the suspect would be much better had they given the individual a PBT and intoxilizer test. But listening to the testimony of the officers. It appears the suspect was driving erratic, had blood shot eyes, there was a cup with alcohol in the center consol, and admitted to drinking at a bar before driving. Which we all know, no one ever drinks more than a couple drinks before driving.

And I would guess his license was suspended for prior DUIs as well. Cause how do you not know your license are suspended.

Anyway, there is always going to be individuals who want to scrutinize everything an officer does. It goes with the territory.
Yes there will always be those individuals who want to scrutinize everything officer does, and the flipside to that statement is you come across like officers can do no wrong and that is not the case.

Also, to presume that a suspended license came from a DUI it’s pretty telling on your part, there’s a multitude of reasons why a license can be suspended as I’m sure you are aware.

Also, I have first-hand experience of driving I’m not doing my license was suspended, in my early 20s I had a ticket which I sent out a payment, but somehow was not receiving my license was suspended. I had a change of address and the mail did not get issued to my new address, saying that my license was suspended to to failed payment along with massive fees. Sometime later, I was pulled over because of a window tint and they informed me that my license was suspended. I had to go to court and show proof I paid on time and it was a mail carrier error.

So yes that does happen

Also your statement about officers pouring out alcohol only happens if It is not sealed.. you can not say it is normal or logical to open a sealed container, detain him, then toss the empty bottle back in the vehicle for the other officer to “ find it like that “

2011fiveliter

Established Member
Look at DUI arrest all over the country and watch the officers pour out opened or unopened containers of alcohol. It happens regularly. And I will agree to disagree with you statement of not knowing your license as being suspended. You give the 1 out of a million chances of having a license suspended and not knowing. 99% of the time, a person know very well their licenses are suspending.
And if saying this person's licenses was probably suspended for prior DUI is telling on my part. I will own it, as I have seen 100s of incidents that play out like this one, and that is the very reason a person's licenses was suspended. I like the percentages in my favor in saying that. People are easy to figure out.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Look at DUI arrest all over the country and watch the officers pour out opened or unopened containers of alcohol. It happens regularly. And I will agree to disagree with you statement of not knowing your license as being suspended. You give the 1 out of a million chances of having a license suspended and not knowing. 99% of the time, a person know very well their licenses are suspending.
And if saying this person's licenses was probably suspended for prior DUI is telling on my part. I will own it, as I have seen 100s of incidents that play out like this one, and that is the very reason a person's licenses was suspended. I like the percentages in my favor in saying that. People are easy to figure out.
Opening unopened containers is SOP?

Users who are viewing this thread