Flow Master

ofourcobra

Established Member
Alright i have been going back and forth between the mac or the flow master ,but i have heard all these things that the flows will make me loose power.Also the rep told me that unless i will be running 500 plus horse to stick with the two and a half cat back ,because i will loose low end torque if i use the three inch cat back .So i guess my question is does anyone have any proof that the flowmaster will make me loose power?also i should add i already have the bassani x-pipe with high flow cats. So do you guys think the mac or the flows would sound better with the bassani.

Pyro

Established Member
See my sig THEN see my Avatar. I dont care what people say, my flows work great and sound even better.

Pyro

Established Member
Btw, that dyno was with the electronic cut-outs CLOSED!!

jcayer

Eats Ryc
Established Member
I have the flows (american thunder) and I am around 461hp/485tq with a 2.8/chip and a open element air filter (14") stock other then that... (stock headers and mid pipe for now too)

kencobra

Face Down In Cabo
Established Member
I have the Bassani X with highflowcats and flowmaster 2.5" catback. I looove the sound of it and get many compliments. As for loss of power I have heard this before but have seen no proof. If there is a loss it would not be substantial. Remember the better driver is a big part of the equation.
Go with what you want and be happy that you own a kick azz car.

ofourcobra

Established Member
thanx guys .can you guys answer my questuion about the two and a half vs. 3 inch cat back?also i want three and a h,there cat back comes with 3 inch tips

Last edited:

kencobra

Face Down In Cabo
Established Member
All that I have been told and I am in no way an expert is that you loose backpressure which I think may hurt on the low end. Anyone else ?

ofourcobra

Established Member
so i take it the whole slowmaster thing came from a rumor ,if no one seems to have any proof

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
Go with what you think sounds best, The #'s are so close it doesn't matter.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
How could you lose power with flows over the stock system? I would do the 2.5... 3" is pretty dam big, You would have no back pressure and you need a little... Get the flowmasters you'll love them

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by ofourcobra
so i take it the whole slowmaster thing came from a rumor ,if no one seems to have any proof
I put a Flowmaster catback on my car (with a drop-in K&N filter in the stock airbox) @ 1,100 miles, the night before my first ever dyno run and made 367 RWHP/ 350 RWTq. I'm sure the computer did not have a chance to compensate for the mods (back in September 2002, I didn't know to disconnect the battery to make the computer re-learn the mods), prior to they dyno run. Most observers contributed the low numbers to the Flowmaster catback...

At 5,600 miles, with only a SFPHQ 9" Powerstack filter as the only difference, my car made 397 RWHP/ 377 RWTq. I'm delighted with the sound and performance of the Flowmaster American Thunder (#17248) 2-1/2" catback on my car :beer:

ofourcobra

Established Member
the only cat back i found was one with three and a half inch tips ,is that the one you have ?if so where did you get it?

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Originally posted by kaboom
Go with what you think sounds best, The #'s are so close it doesn't matter.

That was going to be my advise as well your not really going to feel a couple of HP one way or another but you have to lisen tothe exhaust everytime you drive the car......For the record I have a custom made Flowmaster ( Delta 40 series daul chambers) cat back and I love it....:burnout:

10thCobra

Established Member
Listen to what everybody else is saying here. Go with sound. I also have a K&N FIPK and Flows and I love the sounds, very deep and old school muscle car.

04SVTCobra

Established Member
I had Maganflows on mine but didn't like the sound all that much. I had them cut out and a couple of Flowmaster Super 40's took their place. I didn't notice any power loss and I love the way the car sounds now!

drohan8592

Established Member
i have bbk longtubes and off road x, with flowmaster american thunder catback and i love it !!!!! it sounds way better than anybody i know with magnaflows. if you want the best sound get the flows.

orange2004cobra

Established Member
Any exhaust upgrade that actually works, will make you loose some back pressure. Just bring it back with a smaller pulley....{smile}
L.

mikey99cobra

Established Member
i have bbk longtubes and off road x, with flowmaster american thunder catback and i love it !!!!! it sounds way better than anybody i know with magnaflows. if you want the best sound get the flows.

does the off road x make the flows sound raspy at all? i have bbk longtubes, o/r x and magnaflow right now and it sounds like ass. i want flows but im not sure if i need to change to an H pipe as well.

Users who are viewing this thread