flowmaster 40's in bassani tubing?

rexisme

Established Member
I want to put some flowmasters on the cobra and switch to a upr o/r x... I was wondering if anyone knew what flowmasters i had to order to make this work? I have the bassani catback w/ the baffles, which will be removed as well. The video is in the soundboard, anyone know who owns that car?

Fireguy615

Mom! The Meatloaf!
Established Member
I'm running Super 44's in my Bassani tubing. You need to check your offset first on the Bassani, because some of the older Bassani setups are offset in/out. That being said the newer setups are center in/center out like mine.

So all you need is a 2.5" center in/center out Flowmaster muffler. The standard 5x9.75x13 size will be very close to the Bassani muffler. You can slide the flow tubes back and forth a little to take up any slack before you clamp or weld.

The Super 44's run a slimmer 4" case which is an option. Definately take out your baffles to hear it roar. You can get the part # you need off of Flowmasters site. Summitt Racing has good prices on Flowmaster products.

An off-road X with Super 40's resonating out of 4" Bassani tips will wake the freaking dead:rockon:

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
I'm gonna revive this one. Is it possible to put another system's tail section on an American Thunder cat back? I would like to polish some SS tails and put them on, but I'm not sure if the sleeves would line up. Just for reference, I don't mean the 16"-18" tips, but the pieces that bolts just under the differential.

Users who are viewing this thread