Flowmaster 40s or 44s?

• Flowmaster delta 40 series 2 chamber muffler

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Flowmaster super 44 series muffler

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

RS22

Established Member
I used to have the Flowmaster 40s on my 03 cobra and I'm about to get an 04 cobra and I want flows again but I don't have any experience w/ the 44s. Do they sound different? And do you like one better than the other?

BLACK281

Established Member
I had 44s and i thought they were quiet, i had them with an o/r x and dumped in my 96 cobra. I prefer the original 40s flowmastersthey have a good tone and are louder.

RS22

Established Member
Based on the sound clips I've heard the 40s are way better but I wasn't sure if that was just the camera sound quality in the clips.

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
I had 44s on my 98 with off road x and stock manifolds. Sounded great. Was not quiet.

perry2k12

Established Member
The 40's sound "better"... but if you want that chambered sound, I highly suggest a mac exhaust. Sounds infinitely better IMO.

I have stock manifolds, magnaflow catted x and super 44's. Sounds decent but I will soon be replacing them with a Mac Catback

^^ What that guy said!

LEATHAL VENOM

Established Member
I had super 40's welded into the factory catback after i first got the car - they sounded great and were a huge improvement over the quiet factory mufflers - after a year I installed a Steeda Catback and found the mufflers to tame so I removed the Steeda Mufflers and installed Super 44's - I think the Super 44's are a bit louder than the Super 40's and definately louder than the Steeda's - I just installed an MRT Catted H and I love the way the exhaust sounds now - just the right amount of popping on decel and the MRT H-pipe definately upped the volume - just my $.02

RS22

Established Member
The 40's sound "better"... but if you want that chambered sound, I highly suggest a mac exhaust. Sounds infinitely better IMO.

^^ What that guy said!

Never heard a mac catback in person but for now I'm gonna go the cheap rout and get some 40s to weld in and enjoy for a while. Once finances relax after buying the cobra I'll think about a mac catback.

I used to have a mac o/r H and 2 chamber 40s before and liked the sound so I'm not worried about it.

BLACK281

Established Member
had macs on my 99 with a bassani o/r x and they were noticebly louder than my bassanis at idle. they did tend to pop allot on decel. Mac mufflers are $60 on the mac performance site.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Had 44's... Hated them!! TheY did not sound good.

RS22

Established Member
had macs on my 99 with a bassani o/r x and they were noticebly louder than my bassanis at idle. they did tend to pop allot on decel. Mac mufflers are $60 on the mac performance site.

Oh nice...I never even knew they offered just the mufflers. Thought it was catback or nothing.

I'll look into this.

I see it now. What's the difference between the stainless steel versus aluminized steel? Just rust proofing?

Last edited:

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I've got a pair of super 44s for an IRS car if anyone is interested. Ran them a couple years. They sound almost identical to my Macs, so much actually that I was a little pissed after buying and installing the Macs.

Users who are viewing this thread