FOR SALE: Flowmaster Super 44 Catback. Needs to be welded back together. Local Pickup ONLY! $100

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I installed a new catback on my 86' GT this past weekend, and removed this Flowmaster Super 44 catback that was already on the car the previous owner already had on it. I was just looking to try something different as I went through 7-8 different catbacks on my 99' GT from when it had bolt-ons, to N20, to a Vortech, and eventually a turbo.

Anyways the price is only $100 because I had to remove the passent side with a sawzall since I couldn't break the tack welds that are there. I didn't clean anything, but the mufflers have no dents or any damage, and the tailpipes have no dings. Just some surface level scuffs that can be polished out which I did when I first bought the car, but haven't touched it in a while. I checked the part number on the mufflers and it just about matches the Super 44 mufflers, except those have a part number of 942548 and mine are 953548, so i'm not sure if that's because it was bought as a catback and not individual muffler or it's an older model, or something else. All the other Flowmaster mufflers aren't even close to that part number. You can make out a partial Flowmaster part number on one of the tailpipes in the picture. It appears someone cut maybe an inch of the over axle section and installed, thus the need insert the piece into the muffler to.

The exhaust itself has nothing like rust inside the mufflers or anything of that nature which I tried to show in a couple pictures since i've bought used performance mufflers in the past and chunks of rust or debris fell out which was disappointing. This is great for someone who wants to pick up a full set of a Flowmaster Super 44 catback and doesn't mind welding or welding a few pieces to get it back to together. Even if you were to take it to a shop for them to weld it, it would cost way less than buying a new one.

You could even just install the flow tubes & mufflers and put turn downs on the ends. The mufflers alone cost $110 off LMR and $100 each on AM, not including the flow tubes.

PM if interested. My zip code is 20874, 30-45 min. from NoVA, D.C. Baltimore, and other surrounding DMV areas.

Since it's local pickup only, cash only. I'll meet up with you within 20 miles for an extra $50.

E-1.jpeg

E-2.jpeg

E-3.jpeg

E-5.jpeg

E-6.jpeg

E-7.jpeg

You'll need this clamp on the outlet side to place on the hangers before the fuel tank. This is a Pypes brand one that LMR sells for $20 each.

Screen Shot 2023-12-15 at 5.18.29 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread