Flowmaster's American Thunder Cat-back System for the 1999-2004 Ford Mustang Cobra

FlowmasterMufflers

Established Member
Part #817248 (Stainless Steel) or Part #17248 (Aluminized Steel)

[video=youtube;Nll85MCPGEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nll85MCPGEM[/video]

Applications:
1999 to 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra with a 4.6L DOHC V8 engine.

C9Kocmc.jpg

For the person who wants the look of a traditional dual exhaust system with all the benefits that a Flowmaster Cat-back exhaust system provides. D.O.R. (Dual out rear) systems are the perfect choice. American Thunder systems deliver a moderate to aggressive interior and exterior tone and are suited to the enthusiast who wants their performance to be heard. Like all Flowmaster systems, the benefits include improved throttle response, power and mileage. Designed for an easy fit, these systems include all necessary parts and hardware for easy installation.

✓ Mandrel bent 16 gauge 409 stainless tubing
✓ Moderate exterior exhaust tone
✓ Includes hangers and hardware for easy installation
✓ Connects after factory catalytic converter
✓ Dyno tuned for maximum performance
✓ Made in the USA

May93

Established Member
No matter what other exhaust I try its the FlowMaster that I always go back to. No better sound!

May93

Established Member
We love to hear that! Thanks for the support!

My 2007 GT500 that I bought used has a Borla axle back exhaust but I intend to switch to Flowmaster with a off road H-Pipe come spring. Which axle back would you recommend for the best sound?

HwnCobra

Happy I went with this for my 01, sounds good with a great tone. Only thing is I wish it came with some bigger tips.

FlowmasterMufflers

Established Member
My 2007 GT500 that I bought used has a Borla axle back exhaust but I intend to switch to Flowmaster with a off road H-Pipe come spring. Which axle back would you recommend for the best sound?

That is going to depend on your sound preference and whether or not you want a Cat-back or Axle-back system. If you would like a mild system go for a Force II kit, moderate check out an American Thunder system, and for the most aggressive sound that we offer pick up an Outlaw kit. Here is a link to all of the mufflers and systems that we produce for your GT500. Take a look and let me know if you have any further questions. Good luck!

Happy I went with this for my 01, sounds good with a great tone. Only thing is I wish it came with some bigger tips.

Thanks for the feedback and support!

May93

Established Member
That is going to depend on your sound preference and whether or not you want a Cat-back or Axle-back system. If you would like a mild system go for a Force II kit, moderate check out an American Thunder system, and for the most aggressive sound that we offer pick up an Outlaw kit. Here is a link to all of the mufflers and systems that we produce for your GT500. Take a look and let me know if you have any further questions. Good luck!QUOTE]

I've ran all the above at one time or another. I'm leaning towards the American Thunder as I loved the sound but I also remember the drone. With a H-Pipe I believe the Force II would also sound good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread