Fluid changes

Paul1138

Established Member
Hey guys -

I have about 13k on my GT500 from last November, and did about 15 track days this season. I change the oil every 2 events and flush out the brake fluid (RBF 600) every 3 or so events, so I'm set (I think) on those two things.

Before the winter rest (car will be stored) , I'd like to change out the transmission fluid/LSD fluid/power steering fluid with fresh stuff. Should i run with what's recommended in the manual or is there something better (that won't void warranty). And am I missing anything else? If this has been discussed previously, could someone please just forward a link ( I can't seem to find anything).

Thanks so much,
Paul

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
You'll undoubtedly get a number of opinions, Paul. There's a potentially relevant discussion located here.

FWIW, I swapped all my fluids out for a combination of Mobil 1 and Amsoil months ago. After reviewing the information here, I plan to complete the migration to Amsoil with my next oil change. With regard to the specific fluid questions you asked, I run...
- Signature Series Multi-Vehicle Synthetic ATF in the transmission
- Severe Gear 75W-90 with Slip Lock Gear Oil Additive in the LSD
- Our cars have electric power assist steering (EPAS), so there's no fluid to change

Last edited:

Paul1138

Established Member
You'll undoubtedly get a number of opinions, Paul. There's a potentially relevant discussion located here.

FWIW, I swapped all my fluids out for a combination of Mobil 1 and Amsoil months ago. After reviewing the information here, I plan to complete the migration to Amsoil with my next oil change. With regard to the specific fluid questions you asked, I run...
- Signature Series Multi-Vehicle Synthetic ATF in the transmission
- Severe Gear 75W-90 with Slip Lock Gear Oil Additive in the LSD
- Our cars have electric power assist steering (EPAS), so there's no fluid to change

Thanks, Norten. I appriciate all the information.

Users who are viewing this thread