Fluidyne Radiators

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
I am looking to upgrade my radiator since it seems to have a cooling problem right now. I was thinking of going with a 2 row fluidyne radiator for my 93' 5.0. Has anyone purchased an aluminum fluidyne radiator and installed it themselves? Was it easy enough to install yourself? And lastly, how is the radiators overall performance? Thanks,

Sean:beer:

Vibrant_Sn95

Established Member
I've tried with a summit one, before finding out that it was a universal, not a direct fit, and that i needed custom brackets. Man i felt dumb. That and mine was on an Sn95 and so it would be different (we have less room).

Good luck. Best thing to do is just grab a repair manual (chiltons or something like that), and take a crack at it. It shouldn't be too difficult.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
It should be a direct fit if you buy the right one. They are so expensive though. Ive never taken the radiator fully out, but ive undone it and moved it around. Wasnt too difficult.

Blacksunshine

Established Member
The radiator is not expensive for fox bodies from summit. The 31x19 will go right into a fox body not a problem at all. 179.00 it looks just like a 4 core real thick but is a extra wide 2 core. Now when you get into 94-95 stangs. The fluidyne will run ya about 369.00 depending on where you get it from. To be honest with ya the Summit is an EXCELLENT radiator no epoxy all nicely welded together. I would get it if I were ya. I bought it for my old fox and was extremely happy.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I love my Fluidyne radiator. I live in the high desert, so it definately gets hot here. One thing to keep in mind, if you are running the stock fan watch for clearance between a thicker radiator and the stock one. I don't know how thick some of these radiators are, but it would suck to buy one and find out the fan rubs up against it. I bought my Fluidyne through AMP in Phoenix, had a leak in it about a year later, and they replaced it for free. My understanding is Fluidyne has a lifetime warranty?

Chris

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
ok cool, thanks guys

I don't think i need a new radiator yet tho, im just going to replace my thermostat first and my sending unit. See how that goes from there. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread