Flushing out brake fluid question.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I did a search on bleeding brakes / flushing brakes and maybe i'm thinking about it too much but this is what i'm needing.

Just picked up some new rotors/pads/SS lines and figured changing out the SS lines it would be a good time to change the brake fluid / have to. My question is how? I'm not worried about the rotors or calipers but more so on installing the SS lines and what I need to do for the fluid. I looked at speedbleeders as well as Motives brake products but is it as straight forward as taking off the old line and replacing with SS and then bleeding the brakes?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I did a search on bleeding brakes / flushing brakes and maybe i'm thinking about it too much but this is what i'm needing.

Just picked up some new rotors/pads/SS lines and figured changing out the SS lines it would be a good time to change the brake fluid / have to. My question is how? I'm not worried about the rotors or calipers but more so on installing the SS lines and what I need to do for the fluid. I looked at speedbleeders as well as Motives brake products but is it as straight forward as taking off the old line and replacing with SS and then bleeding the brakes?

Any help would be appreciated.

You need to do the SS lines one at a time and you need to do them fast.

Or better yet tape up the hard line as soon as it is off so no fluid leaks out and air bubbles leak in.

When I did mine I was changing my calipers also to the Brembos and I let my lines drip out.:nonono:

Got air up in my master cylinder and eventually figured out what had happened and had to bleed that too.

So I recommend using duck tape or something substantial like that to try and minimize the air floating up the line.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I don't think I need to flush them now that I think about it, car has 29k on it and if no pressure is applied they will just leak what's in the lines correct and if I tape those it should be fine? Just have to bleed them out which I will be picking up the speed bleeders for each caliper so that shouldn't be a problem... looking forward to having some nice brakes, rears are close to done and fronts feel mushy.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If after thorough bleeding the pedal still does not feel quite right, bleed the master cylinder.
It is angled up and an air bubble or two will get trapped in the end that is up.

Fortunately 03/04 cobras have a bleeder right there, the 2000 cobra Rs do not.
Those guys have to do a bench bleed when this happens.

Users who are viewing this thread