Flywheel and Pressure Plate bolts?

cbrown9064

Established Member
Hey!

Putting the flywheel and new clutch/PP back on after having the flywheel off to be resurfaced. What is the opinion on using Locktite on the Flywheel and PP bolts? If so, Red or Blue?

Also, I have seen varying torque specs on the flywheel bolts. One site says 59-64 ft. lbs. and another says 62. 59-64 close enough?

On the Pressure Plate, I can only find one site that lists the spec and it says 18 ft lbs.

Thoughts?

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
I use Red loctite.

TQ specs sound about right. Another place says 19-24lb-ft for the PP bolts. (Assuming you have a 4.6L car).

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Use new bolts. Keep looking up specs. Pretty sure the PP bots are around that spec plus 1/4 turn or something. Can't remember exactly. See if you can look up a clutch replacement procedure from FRPP on their website.

RPM4DAZ

Because stock sucks!!
Established Member
At the shop we use ARP or the bolts that come from McLeod. We use a couple drops of blue Loctite on flywheel bolts and torque to 65Lbs/ft. The pressure plate are 8mm I believe and use one small drop of the blue Loctite and torque to 30-32 lbs/ft. We have done a whole lot of clutches and never had a problem...

cbrown9064

Established Member
Thanks guys!

Final question, should I get new flywheel bolts or re-use the old ones. This is the first time the flywheel has been off.

Chris

laddanator

Established Member
Blue all the way. Never had an issues using the blue and it's easier to get the bolts off using blue than the red. Nothing wrong with reusing the stock flywheel bolts. Pretty tough bots, even though I replaced every bolt possible with OEM bolts (from LMR) when I installed the Zak T45 transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread