FML why now!

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
Well the weather has gotten nice, I am in the middle of buying a house AND..... the 2v mill decides to blow.

I got an aluminum cobra block and 03-04 cobra heads, I guess its time for the swap and a turbo.

Parts that I know I need are as follows:
Rotating assembly
Front timing cover
Coolant pipes and hoses
Alternator
Front accessories
Other small stuff that adds up,
This is only stuff for the engine

My goal is to have 700rwhp or so on a race gas tune, also have a low boost 93 octane tune for regular driving and a high boost 93 octane tune.

I was figuring on using the MMR 900 rotating assembly, other ideas are welcome. As well as other input on anything else as far as turbo, fuel, suspension, and other parts needed for the conversion. Thanks guys and I will search for known swaps in the site search engine.

Vigilante

Established Member
stock cobra crank, manley H beams and diamond pistons. Hopfully others can chime in

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
^^^correct, but thats stuff I consider no brainer that I can't forget, along with oil pan

As far as sourcing out the Cobra crank, Manely rods and Diamond pistons, I was thinking it may be cheaper to just get the MMR kit, but I should probably call my builder to see what he wants to do

94venomV8

Established Member
Yeah your probably better off just buying the brand new crank from MMR with the kit, that way it will be balanced and new. They only charge $400 I cant imagine with balancing and also the cost of the crank+shipping the stock crank being too much cheaper.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
I will have my teksid block and cobra crank for sale in a few weeks when it comes out. I'm building another shorblock out of the car.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
If you wanna separate the block and crank let me know

Gonna call the builder today and see what he wants to do, If he wants me to locate parts or if he wants to.

Just so much small stuff that is poppin in my head at this point along with the house, this couldn't have happened about 6 months from now.

Users who are viewing this thread