FMS C springs to Eibach Pro kit -- worth switch?

hantzis

Established Member
I currently have FMS C springs installed in my 97 Cobra. I'm not happy with the ride height and wanted it dropped just a tad to remove some wheel well gap up front especially. I heard the eibach pro kit will do the trick. Now I fear that I will not notice the difference. I heard teh C springs drop 7/8-1" all around and the eibachs drop 1.5" all around. I especially don't like the front C springs because it seems as if the front end sits higher than the rear. I heard the eibach pro kit drops the front nicely. What do you guys think? Is it worth it to switch to eibachs? Also, does the eibach pro kit handle better than C springs? I noticed the C springs are rated at 650 in front, and 200-300 in rear, while the pro kit is rated 460-570 in front and 200-250 in the rear. What exactly does this translate to on the road?

Thanks,
Dean

95Proof

Established Member
I changed my springs from stock to the Pro-Kit, it does not make a huge difference. Just enough in my opinion to get rid of the "raised front" look. I was happy with the results. It still rides fine on the highway.

95Proof

Established Member
I changed my springs from stock to the Pro-Kit, it does not make a huge difference. Just enough in my opinion to get rid of the "raised front" look. I was happy with the results. It still rides fine on the highway.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
A friend of mine has the "C" springs and I had the pro-kit, I was about 1/4" lower than him. I've since replaced the Pro-kit with H&R Supersports w/Energy Suspension Spring Isolators(which prevents about 1/4" overall drop cause they're polyurethance) PM me if you want some pics of my car. Hope this helps man.

Users who are viewing this thread