focus new platform ??

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Sounds to me like they're retaining the current platform, but with major updates.

With the Focus, Zaback and the redesign team knew they would be limited by the car's current architecture in their efforts to modernize the company's entry in the small car market.

They raised the sheet metal on the sides, shrinking the window size to give it a sloping, sportier look, with horizontal creases in the sheet metal. There's more chrome on the grille, mimicking Ford's successful Fusion mid-sized car, and the hood became more rounded.

:shrug:

02_SonicBluSVT

All About The Corners...
Established Member
Bentonville, Arkansas/Grand Rapids, Michigan
Here is the new Focus...

m.08-Focus-Coupe-005.jpg

m.08-Focus-Coupe-003.jpg

m.08-Focus-Interior-001.jpg

Joe Frito

Mustang Freak
Established Member
As the article stated, why wouldn't Ford just bring over the European Focus? It is built on the new platform shared with the Vlovo S40 and Mazda 3, and they also have a ST220 version with a 220hp 5cyl Turbo. While they are at it, why not bring the new Mondeo over too. If they want something with sizzle to bring people into the showrooms, that would do it. I really scratch my head over some of the things Ford does as well.

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
the new mazdaspeed 3

yeah if I was gonna get a new car Id go with that that car is nice.

I just dont like the 4 doors but Im a teenager so I dont have a Family like some of you might have so I understand why they make 4 doors.

Primaris

Established Member
I understand. I've never been a fan of 4 doors either, but after driving an EVO and STI I've had a bit of a change of heart. :p

graywolf_14

Established Member
I dont see why they say they are outdated. I think maby put wider fenders on the current focus and maby some other stuff and it would be cool. I dont see why people think hondas look so cool. I think they are plain just like toyotas and every other thing out there.

02AllBlackSVT

Hmm....
Established Member
sorry to say guys but I gotta say it My manager at work drives a 2004 si civic and people thinks it looks the same but the tail lights which if you glace at it it kinda does but yeah the coupes of civics idk they are ugly.

and I agree with you 02 Sonicblu id rather have the RS (im hoping that is a RS).

Primaris

Established Member
02_SonicBluSVT said:
I would much rather have this Focus... and I am willing to pay for it...

A66E7AEFD95B9DB455A9A76D0CC36.jpg

206276AE5C7EC87681B4E9D04D218.jpg

Ok you are not allowed to post up pics of the Euro ST here. I'm in love with that car and can't have it. So you are subjecting me to cruel and unusual punishment. Throw a picture of the craptastic '08 US Focus and you might as well strap me up at Abu Ghraib prison. :cuss:

Ford also stated it improved the handling of the '08. This worries me, as "improved" handling in the US usually means they softened the springs, shocks, and turned the busings into air.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread