Focus RS Brembo calipers are back...

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Those Russell speed-bleeders have an insane amount of their sealant on them that kind of makes them a bitch to tighten! Otherwise, you can score more and spread it on:shrug:

Speed Bleeders - Thread Sealant

P.S. Here is another site to find them, but they are a bit more expensive, especially if you go SS. Not hard to find if you type "Speed bleeder" into a search engine:

Speed Bleeder Bleeding Brakes Bleeding Motorcycle Brakes Automotive Bleeder Screw Brake Bleeder

I can't remember what brand I bought but they arrived bare. As a result they leaked air past the threads, I removed and wrapped them then they were OK.

SVECobraR

Established Member
I hate to bring up an old thread but this is the only one i found with an actual part number/casting number for the calipers. Can anyone confirm the part numbers for the calipers? One of mine says 20.7385.00, i'm wondering if its a different number for left and right sides?

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I hate to bring up an old thread but this is the only one i found with an actual part number/casting number for the calipers. Can anyone confirm the part numbers for the calipers? One of mine says 20.7385.00, i'm wondering if its a different number for left and right sides?

It is actually 20.7365.00. But...

Brembo has no cross reference for it, and if they did, they NEVER give any information out. This caliper is unique to our spindle, and from what I can tell, the outside half is the same as the Viper, but the inside half is specific to the Mustang spindle with the 130mm mouting flange distance.

If you look through any Brembo material, it is a "Family E, Type II" caliper.

SVECobraR

Established Member
Ya thats the problem, brembo doesn't give out any info and their website is pretty much useless. I wonder why my casting number is off then.

By any chance do you remember what size brembo decals you got and where you got your rebuild kit from?

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
The decals are all over eBay for cheap, they are about 3-1/4 x 3/4".

Another option is a stencil: http://www.eagleday.com/bobrst.html

As for the seals and boots, they are pretty generic for 36 & 40mm pistons. I would go to StopTech since they are cheaper than Brembo.

EDIT: Added the info to do the stencil.

Last edited:

SVECobraR

Established Member
I'm getting ready to install the calipers this weekend and I have two last questions. I was planning on using the stainless steel brake lines that are currently installed on the car. So I wanted to know are they compatible with the 00R calipers, keep in mind that I have the stock 99 cobra PBR calipers. I ask because I'm pretty sure the 99 and 03 calipers have different thread types for the brake lines. Also I read in another thread that I'm suppose to use a copper washer when attaching the brake line to the caliper, is that true?

Thanks in advance.

Sirl

Established Member
Hey gang,
Looking for a part number, and where to buy a rebuild kit for the 00 Cobra R calipers. Just noticed that the dust boots on my are Toast! Crispy.

tia,

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
The seals are pretty generic, 36mm & 40mm. StopTech carries them I believe.

If it matters, here are the Brembo part numbers (all their parts are very pricey):

• Dust boot, 36mm (2 ea caliper) - part# 20.4872.44
• Dust boot, 40mm (2 ea caliper) - part# 20.4872.46
• Pressure seal, 36mm (2 ea caliper) - part# 05.7224.44
• Pressure seal, 40mm (2 ea caliper) - part# 05.7224.46
• Piston, 36mm (2 ea caliper) - part# 20.7050.55
• Piston, 40mm (2 ea caliper) - part# 20.7050.57
• Bleeder screw (2 ea caliper) - part# 05.2812.13
• Bleeder screw cap (2 ea caliper) - part# 05.1502.20
• Brake pad pin guides (2 ea caliper) - part# 20.5116.25
• Caliper retainer spring (1 ea caliper) - part# 20.4196.71
• Bridge tube (1 ea caliper) - part# 06.4518.49

And then these: