Focus RS will be AWD and have more than 320 hp

Felix C

Established Member
So this will be quicker than an 2.3L Mustang and tuned than a 5.0? I mean AWD benefits and all that?

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
So this will be quicker than an 2.3L Mustang and tuned than a 5.0? I mean AWD benefits and all that?

It might be faster 0-60 than a mustang GT in stock trim, but beyond that the 5.0 should pull ahead by the 1/4 mile mark. The RS is really going to shine in the corners.

I really hope that is shakes up the hot hatch market and gets Subaru off their asses. In 10 years the STI has increased its hp from 300 with the 05 model to 305 with the 2015. I also hope that Dodge makes the rumored Dart SRT-4 with AWD. The more tough competition the better.

rotty421

Established Member
Well it seems like the HP numbers have been debated to death already. I would like to know more about the AWD system and how it compares to highly rated systems like the Subaru symmetrical AWD or Audi's Torsen based system. I have read about the torque vectoring of the RS's system and it seems like maybe the Acura SH-AWD would be a good comparison. :shrug:

MysticRob

Established Member
Well it seems like the HP numbers have been debated to death already. I would like to know more about the AWD system and how it compares to highly rated systems like the Subaru symmetrical AWD or Audi's Torsen based system. I have read about the torque vectoring of the RS's system and it seems like maybe the Acura SH-AWD would be a good comparison. :shrug:

Dunno if you or anyone else here has read this yet, but C&D is usually pretty close to spot-on with their info:
http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-fo...d-elsewhere-and-we-think-weve-seen-it-before/

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

A lot of my Nissan buddies who have experience with Skylines have said it sounds relatively close to the system they had on the R32/33/34. Not sure what the R35 system is like. If that's the case then it should be a great system.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
A lot of my Nissan buddies who have experience with Skylines have said it sounds relatively close to the system they had on the R32/33/34. Not sure what the R35 system is like. If that's the case then it should be a great system.

Didnt the R32-34 system do the thing where it was AWD 40/60 and then as speeds increased it went to 10/90 to help reduce parasitic drag?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I don't even know for sure but I know it was very active between different surfaces, being able to pull power front to rear and side to side.

Users who are viewing this thread