Fog light aiming?

Snaketamer

CAM-tastic
Established Member
Is it posible to adjust or aim the fog lights? :??:

With my Cobra being lowered 2", I have already adjusted the headlights. Man, what a difference. They used to point at the ground, 20 ft in front of the car.

I'd also like to get brighter bulbs to match the silverstars in the headlights. Any suggestions?

mystic venom

Established Member
Well silverstar makes a foglight bulb for the fog's too believe its a 889, I run em in my ulta clear follight's from age classic design, they give a white blue look like the silverstars looks awesome at dusk. Anything looks better than the dull yellow stock look.

Snaketamer

CAM-tastic
Established Member
I'll check at the local parts stores for that number. When you live in Buttf#@K northern ontario, sometimes suppliers don't carry all lines.

BTW...my buddy has a 00 GT with body kit(mixed and matched). Anyway, he has a stalker bumper with large driving lights(don't remember the make) that have a blue tint. He got pulled over by a rookie the other day and was charged with having a colored light on the front of his vehicle. $180 fine. He was pissed!!!He went to the station, complained and another cop ripped it up. Talk about getting hassled.

mystic venom

Established Member
Snaketamer might have told you wrong now that I think about it I think they are the 880's, whatever the stock foglight bulb is, but I do know that Silverstar makes em, I got mine at O reily's but I don't know if you have O'reily's up there in Canada, EH? I know how your friend feels, give some people a gun and a badge and they think they are GOD!

mystic venom

Established Member
Originally posted by 97cobraheaven
how did you adjust your headlights? i might need to do the same since lowering my car.

There is a screw between the headlight and the side marker that will raise and lower the headlight, work of caution better have a long skinny screwdriver, though!

GotGrunt

Established Member
HID's are the ONLY way to go guys! I stopped bothering with "super white" bulbs, lol.

Snaketamer

CAM-tastic
Established Member
Originally posted by mystic venom
There is a screw between the headlight and the side marker that will raise and lower the headlight, work of caution better have a long skinny screwdriver, though!

Mystic Venom....maybe ford changed the adjustment screw from '96 to '98, cus I had to use a small ratchet drive with a 5/32 socket.

Originally posted by 97cobraheaven
how did you adjust your headlights? i might need to do the same since lowering my car.

Not sure if you have to use a screw driver or socked on your '97 but anyhow, was pretty easy.

mackj66

Established Member
I have a 98, and it is a screw on the bottom outside edge of the headlamp that is for adjustment.
A website called Carmedia1.com carries white xenon bulbs for the fogs. Only cost me like $15 for both. Had them over a year and no problems. Bright white also. Same wattage as well.

Users who are viewing this thread