Fog Light Mod...NOT WHAT YOU THINK!!!! :D

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
Couple weeks ago I loose a fog light lens.....I luckily have a spare assembly and immediately bolt it on. Within a week, That assembly falls victim to a rock :mad: :mad: :mad: I searched around town looking for some ultra clear substitute lights but to no avail. I find some on the internet but I do not feel like shelling out around 85-95 dollars on a pair. Dejected and broke, I sit back at my local choke and puke. It is here that I have a Vision......Take a look below to see what came to me:

Lightning001.jpg

I know I know.....The smoke out of the pipes. Just started the truck on a cool evening.

Lightning002.jpg

Lightning003.jpg

Lightning004.jpg

This mod oughta hold me over until I can get my Ultra Clears.

The Grille is from a spare Upper I had for the Lightning.

Quick How To:

1. Put Light assembly BEHIND the spare Upper (no light...just back part) and mark off the Honeycombs that need cutting.
2. Take a Hacksaw blade (blade only of course) and proceed to cut out the grille.
3. Place Grille into back assembly and shave where needed.
4. Paint Assembly gloss black(without rubber ring) to hide the little metal plates inside (so you do not see them through the grille.)
5. After dried, Place rubber ring back on and insert grille. You may need to use some super glue to keep the rubber ring from coming off. That is what I did.
5-a. If cut properly, you grille piece will be snug as a bug in a rug.
6. Paint entire assembly (if your existing grille is painted...if not you are good to go.) gloss black and let dry.
7. Bolt up and align to perfection.

This mod looks WAYYYYYY better than having no light assemby in either hole, or if you had what I had, the ole one lens no lens thing going on.

Later

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
Not feeling it. Sorry.

PS: How do we know Im not the Innovator of Flowmaster Exhaust?:D

Not sure who is.......We can both have the title :banana:

The mod is something to tide me over until I can get some Ultra Clears. Couple Months or so....Dang Bills :fm::fm: You ever look at your Fog Light holes without the lights in them???? Looks like complete arse.

Later bro

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
I agree, looks good for a temporary fix. I like the looks of fog lights but for now on a budget you did great!

Skrapmetal

Established Member
That would be a pretty sweet to make some brake-cooling ducts look factory.

Users who are viewing this thread