Fog light protective covers?

mtor9477

Established Member
As many of you know, it doesn't take much to shatter the fog lights on our cars...especially if you do alot of highway driving. Buying a replacement can cost anywhere between $70-$110. With that in mind, does anybody make a protective covering or lens, etc? If not, I'm thinking of fabricating something myself out of plexiglass (lexan with some sort of edgegaurd to hold it in place). Any ideas?

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Originally posted by mtor9477
As many of you know, it doesn't take much to shatter the fog lights on our cars...especially if you do alot of highway driving. Buying a replacement can cost anywhere between $70-$110...

FYI...

2M5Z 15200-AA Genuine Ford 2003 Cobra fog light $ 59.99 ea.

Click HERE for details:thumbsup:

Weasel

Established Member
Originally posted by mtor9477
As many of you know, it doesn't take much to shatter the fog lights on our cars...especially if you do alot of highway driving. Buying a replacement can cost anywhere between $70-$110. With that in mind, does anybody make a protective covering or lens, etc? If not, I'm thinking of fabricating something myself out of plexiglass (lexan with some sort of edgegaurd to hold it in place). Any ideas?

I got some of that 3M material, like invinca shield stuff, cut to fit over the lense. I think you get it the stuff from Griotsgarage.com. About 2 months ago I had one fog light replaced because it was fogged. It looked good and there was striking difference to the other one that had been basically sandblasted from all the highway driving over the previous 14 months that I replaced that one, too. Now, I've just put some of that 3M stuff on. When that starts to look funky, I'll peel it off and replace it. It's virtually invisible.

Mike

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
if you add a thick material ala lexan sheets you will likely see a loss in light performance due to refraction of the light. To me the 3M stuff seems like the baset approach.

Users who are viewing this thread