fog lights?

rikhockey

Established Member
so i noticed with are cars to have your fog lights on you have to have your headlights on to. Is there any way to make the fog light come one when only your parking lights are on? I think the car would look much better at like dust when u have the running lights or parking lights on with the fog lights on the bottom on to. does anyone else feel the same way or am i the only one out there?

psucobra

Established Member
There was a right up on this on the corral.net at one time I think. You might want to go over there and try a search.

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
he doesn't have them, I already asked. I kick myself in the ass for selling them to him in the first place :)

02_Lightning

Established Member
What I did many years ago was jumper a hot wire over to the convertible location. Now, I can have the fog lights on at any time... can turn them on by themselves, or run them with high beams on, or with just the parking lights, etc.
1257-1705-75067.jpg

02_Lightning

Established Member
Can you guys see the above picture, or is it a red X?
Not sure how it could be in there wrong since I used the add picture option.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
99Lightning said:
What I did many years ago was jumper a hot wire over to the convertible location. Now, I can have the fog lights on at any time... can turn them on by themselves, or run them with high beams on, or with just the parking lights, etc.
1257-1705-75067.jpg

vert switch is my defrost switch

02_Lightning

Established Member
93Cobra2771 said:
Isn't the back window on stang verts glass? :bash:
Yes, convertibles are glass windows.
I jumpered the wire in the fuse box.... since we are not convertibles, there is nothing there, but there is power ;-)

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
93Cobra2771 said:
Isn't the back window on stang verts glass? :bash:

No. They didn't start glass rear windows on verts until the 94-up cars. No fox vert came with a glass back window. All were plastic.

Last edited:

#1pony

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
No. They didn't start glass rear windows on verts until the 94-up cars. No fox vert came with a glass back window. All were plastic.

My 92 vert has a glass rear window. Even though I bought the car used in 99 it was bone stock down to the air baffle. A chick was the previous owner and I don't think she changed the rear window.

02_Lightning

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:

The dealership that I worked at in high school had a 1991 LX 5.0 convertible that they managed to bust the rear window on as it was opening. None of the convertibles that I know of ever had the plastic window.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
.........n/m.........

I stand corrected. just talked to my buddy and he said his 91 GT came originally with glass.

Sorry... my f'up. Guess the ones I looked at in the past had cheap tops installed on them

Last edited:

Lee

Established Member
Thanks Lee! I'll always respect the opinions of one who can learn and be "corrected". I have a lot to learn, and you can help me with my ignorance in a lot of areas. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread