Fog lights

SVTJames

Established Member
I just bought my 1998 SVT contour and everything works great but the fog lights. I pull the lamp switch out and I have the signal on the dash that they are on, but nothing comes on up front. I checked the fuse, it is still good. Could it be wiring? Anyone else had this problem, if so what was the problem?

Primalzer1998

Established Member
Man mine must've had something removed, cause replacing mine was like a 30 second ordeal. Another question, what is the best way to go about replacing the actual lens, cause mine is really faded and yellowing, Ford OEM? I am not good with electrical at all, and even splicing in a fog light, is something i steer way clear of.

-Jon

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
Pro-Burners from walmart(name might have changed to Platinum Burners). Better looking and lighting than the stock lights. You'll need to mount them differently than the stockers, but its not hard at all.

slicktsax

Established Member
hey has anyone replace their factory fog lights with the Piaa's, do they mount differently or use the factory mounting points?

SoundQ SVT

Established Member
slicktsax said:
hey has anyone replace their factory fog lights with the Piaa's, do they mount differently or use the factory mounting points?

I have the PIAA 510's on my car. They will mount to the oem rectangular brackets after cutting away some of the plastic bracket material to allow it to hold the bigger PIAA housing.

There used to be a how-to on CEG on how to do it from start to finish. The PIAA driving lights are WAY better than the factory fogs for putting light on the road.

Primalzer1998

Established Member
I just went to Autozone and got the part # for the OEM bulbs and got some sylvania's I believe. One of mine was out, but i just ended up replacing both, don't like the lazy eye look.

-Jon

Red99CSVT

Established Member
Is there and hid kit for the fog lights? I did a search and found there was a limited run but I can't seem to find them now, no body else makes them are the PIAA's the best way to go?

slicktsax

Established Member
yeah i looked for an hid conversion as well with no luck. the bulbs that the fog lights use are 893's. although some people dont like them and say they burn out way to fast, i used the silvania silverstar 893's. i've used them every time i drive at night for about a year and they haven't burnt out on me yet. that includes a few 3 hour trips at night coming home from the beach. but as soon as i get more money out go the stockers and in go the PIAA 510 fog lights. lol i'm also tempted to get some of those megawatt high candle power off road lights and mount them behind the lower grill of the bumper. for all those jerks who have their high beams on all the time and blind me.

Red99CSVT

Established Member
Are the PIAA 510's what most people on here are switching out to? I definetly want to get some that are going to be brighter espically once I go to HID's for the headlights.

Red99CSVT

Established Member
Can those of you that have replaced thr fog lights with different brands post up some pics at night with the lights on? That would definetly help me make a decision on what I'm going to go with.

slicktsax

Established Member
well not many have driven with just the fog lights on because you have to do the fog light mod in order to do that. i plan on doing it to mine when the weather warms up. it's a very simple mod, there is a how to on ceg forums somewhere. i think it's in the archives section. i'll be saving up for the piaa 510's, a new bumper, and mirko splitter. get them all at once so i can just install everything at once instead of installing piece by piece.

Users who are viewing this thread