Foglight mod?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
How do you want them to operate? With the Autolights and on whenever the marker lights are on? This way they will be on even with high beam operation.

You can also modify the switch but you still need to pull to have the Fogs come on.

MrClean

ADDICTED
Established Member
Where can I find out how to do the fog light mod?:shrug:

http://www.svtlightnings.com/svt/how...s/foglamps.htm

I just did mine.
I followed the directions in the link above. I opted to take the switch apart. Not a real biggy. A little super glue on the tabs when you're done and you're good to go. After I cut the collar down and got everything back together.
I used a scotch clip to splice the #2 white/black wire and the # 12 dark brown wire together.(don't use the light brown wire it won't work.)

Now the fogs can be turned on or off in the park position and they will stay on with the high beams.

Vince

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
For how you want it to operate I'd just remove the headlight switch and jump two wires.

Run a jumper wire from the Brown wire (parking light circuit) to the Yellow wire(fog light circuit).

This will allow your fog lights to come on in Autolamp and you never need to touch the headlight switch unless you want parking lights/fogs only. Then you'd have to put the switch to the parking light position.

Just a reminder. The fogs will operate even with the High beams being activated.

TheBocSez

Professional leash Holder
Established Member
http://www.svtlightnings.com/svt/how...s/foglamps.htm

I just did mine.
I followed the directions in the link above. I opted to take the switch apart. Not a real biggy. A little super glue on the tabs when you're done and you're good to go. After I cut the collar down and got everything back together.
I used a scotch clip to splice the #2 white/black wire and the # 12 dark brown wire together.(don't use the light brown wire it won't work.)

Now the fogs can be turned on or off in the park position and they will stay on with the high beams.

Vince

I wanted to do mine this way, but the link you provided is no longer valid. Anyoen else know where directions can be found?

Users who are viewing this thread