foglight mod????

flashlight

Established Member
Heres the how to section.
How-To - SVTPerformance
I didnt see what you were looking for.
While we are talking about it. Fog lights are yellow.
What you and all Lightnings have are driving lights.
Yes its a little thing but it bothers me:rollseyes

mr03svt

Established Member
I have done this mod on my 03 L and it has stopped working,now when i turn my parking lights on my headlighta automatically come on.I thought it was the switch,bought a new one filled it down still the same thing,any idea what has caused them to stop working?they will work regular if you unsplice the wires just like stock.

sil1002

Established Member
i have no idea man the guy that posted something about this i dont think said anything about cutting wires and such

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
i did mine by jumping a brown and a white/black... i never had issues with it...

This is the easiest part. If you look at the wire connector that plugs into the back of the headlamp switch, there should be 9 wires of varying colors. Although the connector has space for 12 wires, only 9 of them are used. Also, on the wire side of the connector (as opposed to the switch side of the connector, which is the side you would insert into the switch), the wire positions are numbered.

Okay, find the #2 wire (white/black) and the #12 wire (brown) that is attached to the connector and splice them together. That's it! No cutting needed! Don't forget to electrical tape/insulate your splice well.

NOTE: For Canadian owners, after performing the electrical splice described above, you shoul cut the #2 wire away from the switch connector to achieve the results below. Also keep in mind that this addition step is my best guess at a solution, but shoul be considered untested. If you try this on a Canadian 2000 Lightning, please let me know your results.

Last edited:

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
I have done this mod on my 03 L and it has stopped working,now when i turn my parking lights on my headlighta automatically come on.I thought it was the switch,bought a new one filled it down still the same thing,any idea what has caused them to stop working?they will work regular if you unsplice the wires just like stock.

So what part actually stopped working? are you saying that when you turn on the parking lights, they headlight now come one, but the parking lights don't? and if you wire it back completely stock, everything works as normal?

BT

mr03svt

Established Member
yea,if i splice the wires as in the diagrams my parking light and headlights come on together with the switch just being in the parking kight position,its like i loose the parking light position on my switch.if you turn it all the way to headlight its the same as the parking light.if i put it back to stock no splice everything works normal.like i said it worked for a few wekks and now this has happened.

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
yea,if i splice the wires as in the diagrams my parking light and headlights come on together with the switch just being in the parking kight position,its like i loose the parking light position on my switch.if you turn it all the way to headlight its the same as the parking light.if i put it back to stock no splice everything works normal.like i said it worked for a few wekks and now this has happened.

Yeah I saw where you said it was working before and just recently started acting up; I'm just trying to figure out what went wrong. Do you live close to or have a friend whose an electrician who could look at it. Not saying you don't know what your doing, I just don't know how much I can help unless I was able to tinker with it in person. I'll try and look at mine and see if I can duplicate your issue.

BT

mr03svt

Established Member
I just used a jumper wire from 2 to 12 and done the switch thing filling it down.oh well ill just put it back to stock for now,sure did like it when it worked though.

BT2001SVT

I'm an Agent of CHAOS!!
Established Member
I just used a jumper wire from 2 to 12 and done the switch thing filling it down.oh well ill just put it back to stock for now,sure did like it when it worked though.

Gotcha, just sux that it stopped working for you; I'm still trying to figure out what happened. I'll definitely let you know if I come up with something.

BT

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread