Follow the leader! 03 vs T/A

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Drove to a client mtg. an hour north of Indy. Took the interstate up. Had fun giving the 03 a little workout on the way up, mostly uneventful. The way back was a different story.

I was on 421, a straight two lane headed back with the top down. Great day here, 75 and sunny. Had the tunes cranked. 1 mile after turning on to 421 and a couple of 4 way stops I notice a T/A in my rearview mirror (no ram air). About 70 mph he is following me. We come up on a row of slower traffic. Drop to 4th and figure I'll hit the after burners. Whoosh! I am gone and he decides to follow. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate this car, but man o man the acceleration is awesome. He folllows but you can tell he is off my pace. We do this a couple of times and he continues to follow. I hit 110 once and 100 a couple of times. He never challenged to pass me, I think he knew the specs on the Cobra.

We roll up to a stop and he pulls along side. Nice guy mid 20's with two girls in the car. He compliments me and I return the favor . LS1 with shifter and exhaust. He says he has a buddy with an 03. I tell him with a big grin that I like the power of the Cobra!. He follows until I have to turn. By the way, made it back about 10 mins quicker than the trip up. Great Day!

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
I must be a lame writer!. 75 View and no responses. Not even a bull shit or thumbs up. I give!

Goldy

Established Member
Oh3Cobra,

Nice. I had a similar experience with a brand new Porsche Boxter a few weeks ago on I69 while in the '03. This dude must have just gotten it (still had the paper tag). He pulls up along side of me and punches it. Though he got the jump, I quickly caught up to, and passed him with ease. He promptly turned off at the next exit...guess he couldn't handle being blown away by a car so much less expensive. Heck, I'm not certain, my '99 may have been able to beat him as well. (It was way too easy in the '03.)

BTW - Are you planning on going to the meeting this coming Monday night? If you've not heard, Lyn St. James will be there. Should be a good meeting. Also, I now have the Densecharger CAI, Bassani x-pipe and cat-back installed...a marked improvement!

Hope all is going well.

Howard
Indy SVTOA chapter director

'99 Cobra Vert; Electric Green w/Black Top
'03 Cobra Vert; Black w/Black Top:)

FLBuckeye

Established Member
Sweet Ride !

No doubt the fun is definitely upwards of 70 with the top down........cool breeze........the true performance is felt at how stable the car is at high speeds....have fun......and make sure that the radar detector is up.......or it's big $$$.
I thought Indiana was pretty tough with speed traps ?
I definitely know Ohio is worse.
S Fla has been good, but it keeps raining.
My Expedition feels like a roller coaster ride at 30 mph over bumps that the Cobra doesn't even hesitate to glide over.
Have Fun !
:coolman:
PS
Don't fret....
You're writing is fine !

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Thanks for the repsonses. I just wanted to share the fun of having all the HP under the hood. Power = Big Fun.

Goldy,
Good to hear from you. I need some advice on mine and would love to see, hear , and feel the differences your mods make.

FL Buckeye,
I take it your a transported Floridian to OH. I am in Cincy and Columbus quite often. More Cincy than Colo. Where are you located. Yes I had the passport on and have my request in to Santa for a V1 for Xmas.

To everyone else. Thanks and keep your foot in it!!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread