Fontana Private Track Rental Vid's... IF you went please post what ya got!

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Last edited:

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
yea... I think Ive got a vid of that vert running a high 11 also... But it was pretty bad ass. Hopefully more will be up tomorrow.

mostang

Established Member
What's with the air shifters? sounded like the viper had one against the chevy truck.
I notice a lot of them on the subaru and evo's.
Do they make a big difference in terms of quickness? I would think it would get annoying after a while
????????

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
If that Viper had a thousand horsepower my Maxima runs low 11s all day. He had to have done something wrong

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
Originally posted by WyoTechMSA
If that Viper had a thousand horsepower my Maxima runs low 11s all day. He had to have done something wrong

Didnt you see him hit his brakes 1/2 way down the track? He was messing with that truck.

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Originally posted by WyoTechMSA
\

LOL...well he didnt get a clean run all day. Dam near anyone that goes to any track in SoCal has seen it. He runs it all over all the time. He's got basically everything h/c/exhaust a paxton novi 2000 supercharger with intercooler at 12lbs of boost... But he was having all sorts of problems with it at the track this time. Ive seen him run on d/r @ Carlsbad with notoriously bad traction and run high 10's.. Good track, everything running right, on slicks, its a 9second car.

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Originally posted by 00sVt Lightning
those are some kick ass vids

Thanks.. I will get more up soon.. Need to edit some more video and find some more hosting space. Got a pretty funny one of a 360 Modena losing to an AMG Mercedes.. Pretty sad. Also the 360 running a 14.0 and BEATING an NSX. After seeing that, I will never dispute anyone's kill stories ever again. A brand new Ferrari running a 14.0 in the 1/4. Too bad the bastard wouldnt race me. Also got some of a couple Viper GTS's running 13.5's. I always read posts about somebody beating something they shouldnt have, and think no way in hell that happened.. But it turns out, there really are people that cant drive out there.

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
03+ Cobra Vert 12.2 pass - what is a Cobra Vert?? and that sounded badass...was that the supercharger? also noticed the sound in the video with the cobra and srt-4.....sorry for the stupid questions

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Originally posted by 00sVt Lightning
03+ Cobra Vert 12.2 pass - what is a Cobra Vert?? and that sounded badass...was that the supercharger? also noticed the sound in the video with the cobra and srt-4.....sorry for the stupid questions

Vert as in short for convertible... And the whine is what you get from roots style superchargers (mainly centrifugal have whine too, just not as pronounced) are pumping out some boost... Usually the more boost, the more they whine... Soooo the more one whines, the faster it is. (Im sure the Cobra guys could answer that better then me, all my cars have been n/a)

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Originally posted by mostang
What's with the air shifters? sounded like the viper had one against the chevy truck.
I notice a lot of them on the subaru and evo's.
Do they make a big difference in terms of quickness? I would think it would get annoying after a while
????????

You talkin about the blow off valves? Need a boost expert to answer that, but I think the premise is for a supercharged/turbocharged shifts it RPMs drop from changing gears and creates a vacuum in the intake. The BOV (blow off valve) opens to expelif the turbo/supercharger is spinning at idle, it will be pushing out a bit of air. This air will find its way out of the blow-off valve, spilling into the engine bay. The airflow meter will be measuring this air (measured before it's gone into the turbo/supercharger, of course) and will be expecting all of the metered air to make its way right into the engine cylinders. When it doesn't, the engine will run rich - it won't be getting as much air as it should have got to match the fuel being injected. Hope that wasnt too techy for ya. (And someone correct me if any of that is wrong)

Last edited:

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
Originally posted by Blk_C5_FRC
Vert as in short for convertible... And the whine is what you get from roots style superchargers (mainly centrifugal have whine too, just not as pronounced) are pumping out some boost... Usually the more boost, the more they whine... Soooo the more one whines, the faster it is. (Im sure the Cobra guys could answer that better then me, all my cars have been n/a)

hey thanks man. i just wasnt sure..still learning all this kinda stuff just recently got the L and i was coming from the how "import" scene...

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I was at that event also.

To answer a few questions....

The Cobra Vert has a Kenne Bell blower on it. Hence the higher pitch whine than the other Cobras which all had Eatons.

The "pssssst" coming from that black Viper is his blow-off valve for the s/c. Also, that car WAS tuned for 800 whp in a video you guys may have seen where he raced a bunch of Hyabusas and a ZX-12R. He was de-tuned for that event. I believe he said he was somewhere between 600-700 hp. He wasn't toying with the truck, he was having problems. They were trying to work on it at the track, but he never got a good run.

I too was VERY surprised at how slow some of those cars were. Many of the Vipers there would have lossed to my buddy, P Machy, in his Mach 1, had they raced him. The Ferrari was PATHETIC. A couple of the Vettes represented. Also, a couple of the 300ZXs were VERY fast.

It was a cool event, and I wouldn't mind taking part in one again.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Blk_C5_FRC
You talkin about the blow off valves? Need a boost expert to answer that, but I think the premise is for a supercharged/turbocharged shifts it RPMs drop from changing gears and creates a vacuum in the intake. The BOV (blow off valve) opens to expelif the turbo/supercharger is spinning at idle, it will be pushing out a bit of air. This air will find its way out of the blow-off valve, spilling into the engine bay. The airflow meter will be measuring this air (measured before it's gone into the turbo/supercharger, of course) and will be expecting all of the metered air to make its way right into the engine cylinders. When it doesn't, the engine will run rich - it won't be getting as much air as it should have got to match the fuel being injected. Hope that wasnt too techy for ya. (And someone correct me if any of that is wrong)
A BOV is designed to relieve excess built up pressure between shifts. Centrifugal blowers and turbos use them since they build more boost the higher the rpms go.

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
A BOV is designed to relieve excess built up pressure between shifts. Centrifugal blowers and turbos use them since they build more boost the higher the rpms go.

Bah... I forgot that part... Thanks...

Users who are viewing this thread