Foose Redesign

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
Has anyone seen the new design Chip Foose did with the new GT? Not the one that was on Overhaulin. It sure rocks :rockon:

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
I guess it would only make sense to show a picture as to what I was talking about
foosemustangbfg_1.jpg

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
Lucky D said:
Do you mean a Ford GT, or GT Mustang? Ive seen the Gt Mustang, looks pretty good. The one on Overhaulin was awesome!
I think he is just redesigning the Mustang GT right now? Everything thing this guy touches turns to gold :thumbsup: :D

Lawman85

Banned
Cichlids said:
I guess it would only make sense to show a picture as to what I was talking about
foosemustangbfg_1.jpg
:banana: :banana: :banana:

That man is God when it comes to auto designs...... I have a feeling he might make a lot of money with his car designs...

Bean Bandit

Hurst Shifted Maniac
Established Member
I like the front bumper, as it's somewhat reminiscent of the GT500. I like the body color headlight buckets, as I hate the cheap, flat black look of the stock Mustangs. I could do without the Saleen wannabee foglights mounted near the headlights. The grill's too flashy for my tastes- I'd like to see it in satin black, but that's nothing some powdercoating wouldn't fix. I really like the Boss 429 hood, but without a big ass engine under the hood to back it up it's more "look at me" than "I'll kick your ass".

Not a fan of the wheels either. Too blingy. The side skirts also make the side profile look way too tall- a black rocker panel could help that. It looks as the Foose's three piece ducktail spoiler will be on this car, which will be much nicer than the GT500's tack on part. I can only hope the paint is as nice looking on the factory version as it is in this promo pic.

My only problem with this car is that it's too blingtastic with no extra go under the hood. For around 35k, I'd like to have seen some sort of performance parts to give it some extra fire. I do like some of the parts like the front bumper and spoiler, but those will be available on the aftermarket, so I'd much rather make my own custom car rather than pay a premium for a "custom" car that someone else will be able to buy. Having a factory Foose option sort of kills the magic of a custom Foose car.

Formula51

Established Member
Man, it's Clemson Orange and everything! Now there's a Mustang I would buy. However, Bean Bandit is right, if you are going to drive a car like that you better put some muscle under the hood. I think a Vortec would be a perfect addition!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
bean bandit is absoloutly right, although i do like the billet grill. it would look pretty sweet satin black powdered though. and it looks really fricken tall with those side skirts. thats one thing i like about the GT500, the blacked out side skirts make it look slim yet it doesnt look like it has rock crawling ground clearance either.

Bean Bandit

Hurst Shifted Maniac
Established Member
I love that spoiler. It flows with the lines of the backend almost like it was the real design for the car. Makes it look even more like a 67 Shelby than the '07. Ford needs to ditch that tacked on looking thing they're planning on putting on the production GT500 and put this nice Foose design on instead. It even gets rid of the third brakelight, and would enable people to put some S H E L B Y lettering on the back. That, or the left-side mounted badge of the '67, which would look so nice.

One thing I've noticed with the extra pics is the foglight holes in the front bumper. There's no actual light in there. You can even see the edge of one of the tires right through one of the holes in one of the pics. Why make holes for lights if you're not going to use 'em? Hope someone notices this and fixes that. Foose is usually very meticulous in his designs, so its kida odd that he'd do such a thing. I do like the much smaller than production amber lights, though. The smaller, the better IMO.

What's with the painted GT badge, though? It sorta makes the side look like a cheap Matchbox toy instead of a righteous custom. The Foose badges, though, are a nice touch. At first the look like the Ford blue oval with the Mustang red, white, and blue stripes behind it, but I'm almost certain I see it saying Foose instead of Ford. Not a bad touch.

Users who are viewing this thread