??? for aftermarket HE users

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Which HE is the easiest to install? I'd like to find the one that is the best deal.

Since I plan on doing the install myself w/ help from one other person, ease of install would be the most attractive option, but overall performance of the unit is a very close second, followed by price.

Any recommendations or ones I should stay away from are welcome.

Thanks guys.

03KCSILVER

Established Member
Jason this is Dan. We met dynoing our cars at MC Racing. I finally pullied mine and as a result I've been seriously thinking about upgrading mine. I really want to get the Gords even though removing the front bumper is recomended. It's the only one I believe that is big enough to fill the entire opening up. Also you can get he model that is already set up for twin SPL fans in the future. (When you get your Kenney Bell) His web site http://www.Gordsfordperformance.com/ has a comparison chart that gives the specs of most of the popular brands. The LFP and Extreme are both very good also. Hell I almost ordered a Fluidyne from Brothers when they had them on sale for $299. I like'd the way it says Fluidyne accross the front. But really most any would be a vast improvement over your stockers. Maybe we could get your bro-in-law and do them together. Anyway I'd like to hear your stingers/MRT again and compare the sound with my Steeda/MRT.

Dan

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I have a Gords and it is great. All the aftermarket HE's are so similar that you can't go wrong any way you choice. They all mount just as easy too.

fubu795

Banned
I have the LFP HE which I love, installed is 20 minutes or less. I've personally seen the fluidyne HE, it is quite small and doesnt fill out the front bumper at all. The LFP, gords, and Afco do a nice job of filling the front.

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Originally posted by 03KCSILVER
Jason this is Dan. We met dynoing our cars at MC Racing. I finally pullied mine and as a result I've been seriously thinking about upgrading mine. I really want to get the Gords even though removing the front bumper is recomended. It's the only one I believe that is big enough to fill the entire opening up. Also you can get he model that is already set up for twin SPL fans in the future. (When you get your Kenney Bell) His web site http://www.Gordsfordperformance.com/ has a comparison chart that gives the specs of most of the popular brands. The LFP and Extreme are both very good also. Hell I almost ordered a Fluidyne from Brothers when they had them on sale for $299. I like'd the way it says Fluidyne accross the front. But really most any would be a vast improvement over your stockers. Maybe we could get your bro-in-law and do them together. Anyway I'd like to hear your stingers/MRT again and compare the sound with my Steeda/MRT.

Dan

Hey Dan, good to hear from you. I actually have MagnaFlow/MRT, so they should sound fairly similar. I think the Gords will be the one for me, but I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the extra money for the fans. I'd rather just do it all at once if I'm gonna do it at all. Don't want to go back and add the fans later. But haven't decided how much more modding I'll do and if they're really necessary. My bro-in-law hasn't really done any mods yet, just a CAI. He's still trying to decide on exhaust. Don't think he'd be in on a HE yet. I've got two guys wanting to buy my wheel/tire combo, but I've not decided on chroming my 10th rims or buying chrome FR500's yet. Then I keep looking at the HE issue. It sucks having the money and no time to get anything done. Keep me posted on what HE you decide to go with. If you're ever going to be out near Independence/Blue Springs area, maybe we could meet up.

My Cobra LOVES this cooler weather we're having! How about yours?

Jason

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Gords here.. it's big, you can get "Cobra" on the front, and you can get fan ready, for when you need it (and you will). Front bumper doesn't have to come off for the install. Mine was done still on the ground, just a jack..

ModsAway

Established Member
Does the gords still fit without modification even with the fans?

When not running the fans would they block regular air flow to the exchanger or are they on the backside?

Thanks.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Anybody here have any experience with the HBH heat exchanger? He's about 30 minutes from me and it's priced at $375.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by sambandit
I have a Gords and it is great. All the aftermarket HE's are so similar that you can't go wrong any way you choice. They all mount just as easy too.

:thumbsup:What sam said go with the gords you'll thank me later and the customer service is the best out their

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread