For all of you looking at blowers or forged internals......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
if you want the most boost, all you gotta do is get the worst flowing heads and the smallest pulley, but that only means more boost, not more power.

just about any stock supercharger kit of the 99/01 can make enough power to tax the stock block. after that, ported heads/cams/and a ported intake will make excellent power.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
FYI from Steve, to buy at 10% over cost, here is what it is going to cost to put an Eaton on your 99/01,

FORDSVTPARTS said:
O.K. after getting this list a couple times I figured I would throw the total in here.

With my discount the total for the "big list" is $5421.91.

At retail pricing it would be $8427.86.

Not cheap no matter how you look at it.

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Established Member
no, a complete kit runs about 3500 for one of the smaller blowers.
a dyno tune and some gauges will run about 800. so for 4300 you should be good to go.

brebar is talking about the retail price to put an 03 eaton onto a 99/01

Last edited:
How does the traction control being on cause fuel to be dumped on 99/01s that have been supercharged? I've never heard of that and wanted to know how the traction control causes that to take place.

Quadcammer

Established Member
dumped as in not fed to the cylinder. the traction control shuts off certain injectors to kill power, but not make the car vibrate too badly. However, it doesn't always shut them off completely, at times it partially shuts them off to reduce power. When the car is NA, thats not a big problem, but when you are cramming 15 psi into the cylinder and then giving it half the fuel, you got a problem.

that is my understanding.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
+1 quad

I want the traction control disabled in my 99 with a passion. I think that should be a part of a standard blower motor tune and I will have it done as soon as I get it on a dyno in the spring.

Quadcammer

Established Member
i have one of the tc switches that defaults to off instead of on. it doesn't work PERFECT, but its good enough. I check it every time i drive the car.

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
Procharger claims to put out the most power for centri blowers . And they are the cheapest costing around $4,500 for the stage 2 intercooler . The vortect cost $5,300 total for everything . I think the novi and paxton cost about the same as the vortech . So I take it the eaton is the worst of the superchargers ? What # injectors would you need to handle over 600RWHP?

bouncer18

Established Member
just fyi on the D1SC

Youi can order it with 10 psi pulley.. snf then with opened exhaust it will boost to only 8 psi...

blown01cobra

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
bouncer18 said:
just fyi on the D1SC

Youi can order it with 10 psi pulley.. snf then with opened exhaust it will boost to only 8 psi...

The 10psi pulley is for Gt's it is actually a 14 PSI pulley for cobras. You couldn't fit anything bigger than a 4"(14PSI) pulley on a D1-SC with a cobra it will rub the valve cover.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
blown01cobra said:
The 10psi pulley is for Gt's it is actually a 14 PSI pulley for cobras. You couldn't fit anything bigger than a 4"(14PSI) pulley on a D1-SC with a cobra it will rub the valve cover.

the Mach 1 guys are running a 4.15 pulley and just clearancing the valve cover a little

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
It might be a good idea to mention that if you limit the RPM you turn the motor with the blower it will extend the life of the motor too. Turning 7,500 rpms with stock rods and stock oil pump gears is a disaster waiting to happen.

I think 6,800 would be a good place to limit yourself to, I'm only gonna turn mine 6,500 though.

blown01cobra

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
viperbluelx said:
the Mach 1 guys are running a 4.15 pulley and just clearancing the valve cover a little

Yes, but some people are not going to relize that until everything is installed. I had to clerance mine a little just to get the 14PSI pulley on it.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
blown01cobra said:
Yes, but some people are not going to relize that until everything is installed. I had to clerance mine a little just to get the 14PSI pulley on it.

I installed my D1SC with 4.15" pulley on my 99 Cobra Saturday and the pulley wasn't even close to touching the valve cover. Maybe the bracket for the 99 is different from the 01-up?

blown01cobra

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
viperbluelx said:
I installed my D1SC with 4.15" pulley on my 99 Cobra Saturday and the pulley wasn't even close to touching the valve cover. Maybe the bracket for the 99 is different from the 01-up?

Nope they are the same bracket for the 99-01. that is weird mine touched a very minimal bit but I machined it anyways.

Boostedcobra99

Established Member
supercharger3.jpg
Its really dirty but this is like 5 minutes after i got finished

Boostedcobra99

Established Member
the front mount and custum piping we made..Its a paxton blower and i bought the procharger intercooler and made the piping by spending time cutting and welding various mandrel bends untim it fit snug and cleared the bumber
supercharger1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread