for ALL you camera guys.....C&C please....(PICS)

Red Koolaid

Established Member
Im a NOOBIE when it comes to photograghy.....Just bought Cannon EOS 30D....and MAN......its the SHIZZZZ. User freindly....self explanatory...click and shoot! How'd i do?? i bought this camera (upon Months of research) and plan on 'extending' my abilites. OH...BTW....this is my BRO'S MINT....(and a cream puff it is).....88' M3. I painted it a few years back using Sikkens.
IMG_0577.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0542.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0536.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0523.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0519.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0510.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0613.jpg
[/IMG]

rcn4god

Swirl Slayer
Established Member
NICE CAMERA!!!! i use the 20D when i shoot college football...they are awesome...congrats

outlawphotoguy

Established Member
Good eye, nice pics....... how many did you take before finding a few good ones? A little too much foreground in a couple of them and you gotta pay attention to the things in the background like powerlines. Use some flash to fill in......even in broad daylight and remember, the best natural light is just after sunrise and just before sunset.

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
The pictures look awsome! I just recieved my 30d this week. I have alot of learning to do to be able to take full advantage of its features. I also picked up a Sigma 24-70 f2.8 ex dg lense. Wanted something a tad better than the stocker. I have to up grade everything! :beer:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I think with a little photoshop skills they would look that much better. Great looking angles and great looking location though!

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
thats a hell of a camera to start off with. goodluck with it. like outlaw said, use some fill flash and pay attention to your composition. in the first picture you have the car directly in front of a cluster of trees, which doesn't look the greatest. The fifth picture is underexposed, but you can fix that with photoshop. Still you have the power lines in the background. The 6th picture is a little hazy and out of focus. Venomous PSed it but the best thing to do is get it right so there's less cleanup at the end.

what settings did you shoot these with? Manual? Aperture priority? Shutter Priority? Auto?

good start nonetheless. I bought a D70s a month ago and have yet to get my ass outside to shoot some cars.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
TomBoJangles said:
Venomous PSed it but the best thing to do is get it right so there's less cleanup at the end.

I cant agree more.... there is alot to be said about some minor cleanup. it definitely makes the difference. I am by no means a photoshop god either and am very new to actual real photo cleanup. However i agree 100% with trying to shoot it so that there is as little cleanup as possible. You definitely want to shoot with a 35mm state of mind. Its too easy to shoot carelessly with digital knowing that you can fix some things in photoshop.

I shoot with a Rebel XT (350d) which I just got this week! I have been owned a rebel 2000 (35mm) for over a year now. The 20D is what i wanted but money just wouldnt let me go for it.

Red Koolaid

Established Member
Thanks you guys!!! Its a stock lens.....gonna hold off gettin a new lens till i learn the camera more. Its definetly a GREAT camera!!! I did my research and im glad i got this one!!!
Thanks for the comments again guys.....i'll have some more soon!

r6bullet

Established Member
Those are pretty good pictures and the 30d is a badass camera. I have the Rebel XT myself and love it. Also I work for BMW and one of the other techs has a E30 M3 just like your bros(but silver). He loves the car and I love giving him a hard time about it. It sounds like a pissed off bumble bee coming down the street. We only have one or two E30 M3s come to our dealer, you just don't see them anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread