For Fenixfire (IS350 mod info)

Poppacapp

Established Member
Here is some info for you on my old 350. The difference between the Joe Z Racing exhaust I had, and the F-Sport exhaust that comes on the Fsport IS you are looking at is the Fsport is axle-back only. The Joe Z has a mid pipe with it that eliminates the 2 rear Cats(the car has 4 cats from the factory), and leaves 2 of them in place. The Joe Z Intake pipe is only good for about 5-6 horsepower, but increases the WOT noise somewhat. Also, when you are driving the car.. just leave the power switch in Normal mode.. and dont manual shift the car.. it will actually be faster in Normal mode and auto shifting.. power mode "feels" like more power.. it just changes the throttle response a little, but also shifts the car sooner.

Here are some pics and videos I had made when I had it.

Difference between stock exhaust and JoeZ in driveway:

[youtube_browser]NVWnOLyQuO4[/youtube_browser]

Launching the car with stock vs JoeZ:

[youtube_browser]M41fuoGqBK0[/youtube_browser]

Inside car pulls with JoeZ exhaust:

[youtube_browser]IsHYRauxPnY[/youtube_browser]

Here are some pics of the intake/exhaust

2012-10-10_15-03-43_668_zpsd2ccc321.jpg

2012-10-10_23-29-52_500_zpsd67df452.jpg

2012-10-10_23-30-24_194_zpsda344514.jpg

2012-10-29_14-58-50_617_zpsaf5c0740.jpg

2012-10-30_08-10-48_373_zps40bcb456.jpg

2012-10-30_08-26-47_301_zps7e091b7a.jpg

2012-10-30_08-37-04_38_zpsbb50b762.jpg

2012-10-30_08-48-52_72_zpsc65bb33d.jpg

Poppacapp

Established Member

So if I take the cats off my Camry, I can drive it around in power mode and drift all day?

This post was meant for Fenixfire because he is considering purchasing one for his GF. I didn't want to post this in the thread we were talking about it in because I didn't want to hijack.

And just a note silverstang.... your 3v stang would have seen my tailights bud. Dig or roll, you would have been walked. That is all. Carry on.

t01lightning

Established Member
This post was meant for Fenixfire because he is considering purchasing one for his GF. I didn't want to post this in the thread we were talking about it in because I didn't want to hijack.

And just a note silverstang.... your 3v stang would have seen my tailights bud. Dig or roll, you would have been walked. That is all. Carry on.

I cannot believe they would make it slower in power mode, so is power mode designed for you to shift manually if you want it to be faster? I drove a regular is350 and it felt like a low 13 second car, it was surprising how well it moved.

Poppacapp

Established Member
I cannot believe they would make it slower in power mode, so is power mode designed for you to shift manually if you want it to be faster? I drove a regular is350 and it felt like a low 13 second car, it was surprising how well it moved.

The IS250/350 do not truly have a manual shift mode like the ISF does. It is more of a gear limiter..ie paddle up/dn to select highest gear to shift to.. good for road course type of stuff. Power mode changes the shift characteristics of the tranny. It is a good mode for stop and go traffic stuff.. but wot pulls normal mode/autoshift is faster.

Mine was a 13.0-12.9 sec car. Ran 8.4 in the 1/8th mile in full auto on street tires..2.0 60fts

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Thanks! Definitely sounds better with the joez exhaust. The one I drove with the F sport exhaust does sound very similar to the joez but abit quieter likely because of all the cats remaining in place. I did drive it with the paddle shifters in manual mode and you are right it felt faster shifting on its own. Very nice car. My GF will love it. I would rather have an ISF for that 5.0 goodness but its more car than she needs.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Thanks! Definitely sounds better with the joez exhaust. The one I drove with the F sport exhaust does sound very similar to the joez but abit quieter likely because of all the cats remaining in place. I did drive it with the paddle shifters in manual mode and you are right it felt faster shifting on its own. Very nice car. My GF will love it. I would rather have an ISF for that 5.0 goodness but its more car than she needs.

If you have a choice.. I would go with the ISF.. i know its more than she will need but you will want to drive it too. They have the 8 speed auto with true manual paddle shifting. If you find a lower mileage 09- F go with that. I would stay away from the 08s. First year stuff.. if you want usb ipod hookup, go with 2010-

Was it hard to install that intake? Nice car by the way.

Intake was simple. About 20mins total..taking my time. Pull stock off and replace with this one. Wish I still had the car.. it really did drive nice.

DarkMach1

Established Member
The IS250/350 do not truly have a manual shift mode like the ISF does. It is more of a gear limiter..ie paddle up/dn to select highest gear to shift to.. good for road course type of stuff. Power mode changes the shift characteristics of the tranny. It is a good mode for stop and go traffic stuff.. but wot pulls normal mode/autoshift is faster.

Mine was a 13.0-12.9 sec car. Ran 8.4 in the 1/8th mile in full auto on street tires..2.0 60fts

Damn, didn't know <20whp in mods could shave off a full second from a car.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Im not trying to defend/justify/debate... i posted this thread because another member was considering a purchase for his gf, and I used to have one. Not really going to debate what it ran, what it shoukd have run/not run, what it beat, what it should not have beat. Matter of fact, can a mod close this thread pls. I posted it public instead of in a pm so others that may be considering a car like this might have a little info.

Last edited:

Z06kila_donkey

Established Member
It didnt. Car ran 8.69 bone stock.

And stock ones were running 13.3s-13.4s in the 1/4.

Was the 8.69 with weight reduction or slightly higher octane? Your numbers are pretty impressive. I've ran a best of 8.77 in power mode with an intake, I definitely need to try in regular mode.

I'm also about to install my ZEX dry kit gonna run a 75 shot hopefully I can make my way near a 8.0 pass :rockon:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Was the 8.69 with weight reduction or slightly higher octane? Your numbers are pretty impressive. I've ran a best of 8.77 in power mode with an intake, I definitely need to try in regular mode.

I'm also about to install my ZEX dry kit gonna run a 75 shot hopefully I can make my way near a 8.0 pass :rockon:

93 octane. Only reduction in weight was spare tire out. Tire pressure at 28psi. You will run quicker in normal mode.. the car runs the rpm higher before shifting.Try it out next time in car.. you will notice it shifting sooner in Power mode...and btw.. it doesnt add power.. just changes throttle response and shift points. Be sure not to manual shift. I ran a best time of 8.46 @ 85mph w/ 1.98 60ft with all the mods.

DarkMach1

Established Member
It didnt. Car ran 8.69 bone stock.

And stock ones were running 13.3s-13.4s in the 1/4.

Must be one of those tracks where civic SIs run 14.1sec 1/4 miles. I had a run with an is350, which at least sounded stock exhaust wise, with my Altima SER back when mine was stock and we were dead even from 40, he did slowly craw out ahead 1/2 car when my car shifted into 4th due to a retarded shift setpoint that Nissan put in this car from 3rd-4th to slow its 1/4 mile time down. Had I manually kept it in 3rd longer we would've stayed pretty much even.

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Must be one of those tracks where civic SIs run 14.1sec 1/4 miles. I had a run with an is350, which at least sounded stock exhaust wise, with my Altima SER back when mine was stock and we were dead even from 40, he did slowly craw out ahead 1/2 car when my car shifted into 4th due to a retarded shift setpoint that Nissan put in this car from 3rd-4th to slow its 1/4 mile time down. Had I manually kept it in 3rd longer we would've stayed pretty much even.

Sounds about right. I pulled on a stock IS350 by about 2 cars in my old bolt-on '02 Maxima 6-speed, which is just about even with an Altima SE-R.

Poppacapp

Established Member

No offense, but the Altima SE-R was a 260hp, 0-60 in 6 secs..1/4 mile in mid 14s. The 350 0-60 stock is 4.9secs 1/4 13.5 range. Must have been an IS250.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
No offense, but the Altima SE-R was a 260hp, 0-60 in 6 secs..1/4 mile in mid 14s. The 350 0-60 stock is 4.9secs 1/4 13.5 range. Must have been an IS250.

I can't speak for the Altimas, as I've never owned one, but my 2002 Maxima was also tested at mid 14's, and here's what bolt-ons + DRs can do for it:

[youtube_browser]HDz_fIHZgig[/youtube_browser]

^ My Maxima was about as modded as that one when I pulled the IS350 I ran with my Maxima. Two cars to about 70 from a dead stop with IS jumping ahead by about a car in the beginning. Probably would have gotten worse if we took it faster.

The FWD thing is killer in magazine tests, since they usually test cars on standard pavement, which makes it look worse for the FWD cars with decent HP. From a roll, that stuff usually doesn't factor in.

Users who are viewing this thread