For LEO's only please

punchit

Established Member
I know this isnt quite the best place but its a simple question it seems just cant come to a concensus. Im 20, turning 21 in march and want to become a police officer. Im in great health and could pass the written test no problem BUT I have a reckless and speeding ticket within the past year. Very stupid mistake on my part, and certainly not going to happen again. How detrimental is this? I have no other legal trouble just these two stupid infractions. Suggestions?
Thanks in advance
-Jason

mustangsf4life

Black Venom
Established Member
Apply and see what happens or call the department you wish to apply to and ask them about it. I had a speeding ticket while i was in backrounds and it was no big deal as long as you dont have a bunch of them in a short period of time. We all make mistakes and they understand that. Had a buddy got on with 5 tickets in 2 years and 2 of them were exhibition of speed. They said 1 more and they wouldn't have hired him. We drive fast cars and were young so were bound to express the vehicles power. Good luck with your law enforcement career i wouldnt trade it for anything else.

jurob

Established Member
check their websites and it will typically have mention of automatic disqualifiers.

once you apply for a leo job you will see how much your past can effect your chances of getting a job. some of the craziest things can come back and destroy your chances.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
As mentioned above you need to see if the reckless driving will automatically disqualify you. The speeding violation, you can attribute as being young and dumb.

Were you arrested for the reckless driving vioation? Some departments require a serious violation to have some x amount of time go by before applying.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
You can simply walk into the dept and speak with someone in recruiting.Explain you are going to apply and then what your past is.Most likely they will tell you to apply anyway

Users who are viewing this thread